Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Belt - Buckle In Back?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Battle Belt - Buckle In Back?

I searched but didn't find a discussion on this. My search-fu is weak so if this is one of those topics that has been rehashed 238,584 times just call me an idiot and I'll slink away ashamed.

I'm reworking my "battle belt" and wondering if anyone locates the buckle in some other place than "12 O'clock"? I'm not a 3 gunner and do shoot from prone so I'm not sure what I'd place directly in front. However, I can see where having my handgun mags "in front of" my weak side hip instead "on" my weak side hip would make accessing the primary rifle mags "behind" the secondary handgun mags easier.

Perhaps I should just buy a larger belt...with more MOLLE and less adjustment belt.

Feedback Score
    You're not alone, people run their belts this way. Of course you lose the molle real estate there in back, which people sometimes use for dump pouch or a low profile med kit. I've seen knife across the back too.

Try it out, tell us what you think.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Mine sits about 1:00, for the reason you state. Plus my pants belt buckle sits at 12 and it's annoying when they overlap

Feedback Score
    I think it's all personal preference. I generally try not to have anything tall in front of my hips, as it interferes with kneeling, squatting, and taking high steps over things. I also sometimes use low profile TT suspenders, and having the buckle in front means I can undo it and get real low to the ground with the belt splayed around me (but still on me due to the harness).
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, I tried it in on Friday and didn't care for it.

I think I'm going to sell all of my battle belt set ups and just work from my PC for a while.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    Well, I tried it in on Friday and didn't care for it.

I think I'm going to sell all of my battle belt set ups and just work from my PC for a while.
    The great part of not being issued gear.
    Choices

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    After a few years trying to set up a battle belt I like, I finally came to the same conclusion. I am much more comfortable running my gear from a small plate carrier / chest rig then battle belt. Only downside is shooting prone I have to roll a little out of my shooting position to grab a mag for reloads. Belt always stuck my in the side somewhere whenever I made movement or had to go prone.

Feedback Score
    Ronin belt solves those issues. Just balance the gear up front left to right so one side is not jacked up more in prone.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought a larger belt, and some new gear to try...

I took it out for a run and some range drills yesterday. It was more comfortable than the smaller belt I had, but I'm still not convinced I shouldn't just use my PC.

Feedback Score
    (Duplicate).
    Last edited by bikemike555; 11-14-18 at 22:21.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast