Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trouble with PRI fixed front sight.

Feedback Score
    Well, there’s been a bit of a snag. Shawn called me yesterday and said that when he checked the replacement sight, it had the same problem. Turns out, it was a bad run, and they all were like that.

He offered to send me a different sight as a loaner till the new run is completed. Seeing as there is nothing important coming up, I decided to wait for the new one. I still have my Garand.

Feedback Score
    This morning I received the replacement sight from PRi (the one on the right) along with a return label. On first glance, I was disappointed, the post had marks from someones pliers. On the plus side, when I tried to turn the post with my fingers, it held true.
    171054.jpg
    After I got home, I compared the two sights and the biggest thing I noticed was that the locking pin was .012 larger, causing a more positive engagement with the post. I was not able to compare the holes in the bodies since since the hood interfered with my micrometer.

Strangely enough, using my fingernail, I am still able to pull the pin far enough away to clear the notch, however this does not seem to cause a problem in actual use.

As far as the marked up post goes, I swapped the one from the first sight into the new sight.

In the end, I have the sight design I wanted and I think it will work well. We will see for sure when I take it to the range.

Feedback Score
    Pictured with Rock River Arms stand alone rear sight.
    185758c.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123