Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: USS Fitzgerald Collision (and another: USS McCain)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    It's definitely not over yet. Investigators and upper command are looking closely at the whole watch section on duty at the time of the incident.
    Could someone on watch on the opposite side of the ship be held accountable?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

And another one

USS John S. McCain collides with merchant ship in Pacific.

The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain was involved in a collision with a merchant vessel east of Singapore and the Strait of Malacca, the 7th Fleet announced in a tweet.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08...n-pacific.html
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    USS John S. McCain collides with merchant ship in Pacific.

The guided-missile destroyer USS John S. McCain was involved in a collision with a merchant vessel east of Singapore and the Strait of Malacca, the 7th Fleet announced in a tweet.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/08...n-pacific.html
    Aegis radar? They need my cars blind spot warning light.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    This has to be a command issue. I guess the last few years have been ruff on command selections.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)

Feedback Score
    This has to be a command issue. I guess the last few years have been ruff on command selections.
    We had someone in office for 8 years who deliberately wanted us less able as a worldwide force, so that would be a possible result.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    i know a lot is asked of our sailors, so I expect mistakes to happen, this would be the second time this year that a guided missile ship collided with another ship, both happen to be commercial merchant ships and both incidents occurred in busy shipping lanes near ports, but the third one (which hasn't happened yet) will make me wonder.

Feedback Score
    This marked the fourth mishap for U.S. Navy ships in the Pacific since February.

Aside from the USS McCain and USS Fitgerald incidents, the Navy crusier USS Antietam ran aground dumping over 1,000 gallons of oil in Tokyo Bay in Februray. In May, another cruiser, USS Lake Champlain, hit a South Korean fishing vessel.
    Didn't hear about the fishing boat.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I wished I was a fly one the wall when Chaos called his SECNAV.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    We'd like to think so, but what if it isn't? What if China or Russia has figured out a way to fool our systems and that is what's happening?
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast