Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
I am not advocating the death penalty for the skippers. I said it was a death penalty eligible case.

I think they should be court-martialed, and do time.

If you read my earlier posts in the thread, I also think that their food chain should have adjoining cells. Go ahead and open up a wing in the brig, make plenty of room.

Because I was taught that you do not always wear your rank, you sometimes bet it as well. Was their a gun put to their head, forcing them to assume command of their vessel? Sounds harsh, right?

But as someone who has folded over a dozen flags and handed them to widows and next of kin, I can tell you that's even more harsh.

Do they need to fundamentally restructure what they are doing? Yes.

Do they need to burn the Admirals involved? You bet.

No one is going to hang at the end of a rope for this. But when they send kids to the brig for a few years for stealing a case of beer from the PX, then I have no problem sending an Admiral away for a decade (or two) when a bunch of Sailors are killed.

Just my dos not very shiny centavos.
My old man spent 32 years as a naval officer, including major commands at sea and VietNam. He is losing his mind over this stuff. "You can delegate responsibility but not accountability".