Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Considering a Dedicated 7.62x51 chest rig

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Before I get all preachy, do you already have a waist/belt setup, or are not wanting waist carrying ability?
    F2S,
    What do you have in mind? Straight battle belt or a combination of both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    F2S,
    What do you have in mind? Straight battle belt or a combination of both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've learned the hard way that "battle belts" are great in training but for vehicle use are a pain in the "back."

I set up my battle belt with six mag pouches for my rifles and my pistols (I use the Taco rifle/pistol mags), then I run my med kit on the battle belt, and a GP pouch, my knife, my multitool, etc.

Last edited by OrlandoJones; 06-19-17 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have two ATS Tactical 7.62 Split-front chest rigs. Good quality, easy to throw on, and light weight.
    http://atstacticalgear.com/7-62-spli...chest-harness/
    I wanted the ability to prone out without taking it off; not as important when packing a shorty 5.56 but it's nice to have when toting the SR-25.
    Last edited by Dave L.; 06-20-17 at 03:39.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    I had great success running a Esstac Bush Boar split front in 2010-2011 in the Stan, because I needed to swap out M4 to M110 mission dependant and did not want to have to set up 2 complete rigs. The ability of the system to keep a swappable 5.56 and 7.62 rig was great, back panels swapped easily and held up just as good as other kits I had ran over the years.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    US ARMY, Retired
    INFANTRY, SNIPER SCHOOL, MACHINE GUN LEADER'S COURSE, COMPANY MASTER GUNNER, UNIT ARMORER, AIR ASSAULT
    OIF DEC 03-FEB 04, SEP 05-SEP 06, SEP 07-NOV 08
    OEF FEB 10-FEB 11

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a First Spear 7.62 SCAR-H chest rig for sale if you're interested. Shoot me a PM.

Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried the Haley Strategic heavy rig? I was thinking about getting one for my colt 901 set up.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    I've learned the hard way that "battle belts" are great in training but for vehicle use are a pain in the "back."

I set up my battle belt with six mag pouches for my rifles and my pistols (I use the Taco rifle/pistol mags), then I run my med kit on the battle belt, and a GP pouch, my knife, my multitool, etc.

Understood.
    I dual-purpose my gamer belt (Safariland ELS), since I don't have a day job with a task list that includes "close with and destroy" anymore.
    I prefer to keep my belt pretty streamlined, even when gaming. I'll swap pistol mags for rifle mags as appropriate, but rarely bump up past 2 rifle mags. 40-50 rounds of high performance .308 usually answers whatever I need it to, and when bopping around in a vehicle I usually bring along a small pack with water, snacks, ancillary task-related stuff, emergency med gear, and a few extra mags. Once I deplete a mag, I'll rotate a fresh one to the gun from the pack, and pop the partial/empty to a dedicated section of the pack.

For stuff that calls for armor, I have 2-3 extra mags on my PC, biased toward the support side, and nothing thick enough to significantly interfere with a bipod prone. I'm not a big fan of torso mounting magazines unless I don't have a more feasible or practical solution (thus the pack). I do like the "placard" approach for mounting pre-set magazine loads onto the PC. Those placards can pull triple duty as a stand-alone chest rig (though I don't utilize the option) by attaching a simple H-Harness to it, attach to or drop into a pack as readily accessible organization, or the obvious.

Maybe next time I'm out chasing hogs (hunting, not the bar-scene type), I'll revisit the chest rig approach.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just picked up a Spiritus Mk3 chassis and I'm reasonably impressed with it. It's low profile and fully modular so you can set it up with whatever combination of rifle (max four 762), pistol, and administrative type flapped pouches that you need.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    @zim, pics?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    Do you guys have any suggestions for a dedicated 7.62 x 51 chest rig? I'm considering using one with my HK MR762, which I'm setting up as a sort of "intermediate" battle rifle, with a 1-8 optic and an RMR on a 45 degree offset mount.

Thanks.
    What are you thinking you want to carry for the chest rig? Post some details of what you want to carry including number of mags.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12