Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Considering a Dedicated 7.62x51 chest rig

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Considering a Dedicated 7.62x51 chest rig

Do you guys have any suggestions for a dedicated 7.62 x 51 chest rig? I'm considering using one with my HK MR762, which I'm setting up as a sort of "intermediate" battle rifle, with a 1-8 optic and an RMR on a 45 degree offset mount.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have a couple of chest rigs for my DMR. (308). I
    You've got a few options depending on what you like. Do you want to buy complete rig?
    Mayflower HK417 Recce chest rig is a really solid choice. Especially if you go by the mantra that a chest rig isn't just a glorified ammo carrier but more of a life support system. (A good friend taught me that.)
    That said, I know there is also a need to have a rig more low viz. Something you could wear over your soft armor and still conceal with a jacket for example. That was sort of my train of thought when I built out my BFG rig. I actually prefer to build my own chest rigs. I'm. It a fan of PC's with pouches and all like the JPC. I prefer my PC to be slick and the have the appropriate chest rig. To that end I bought BFG's 2 piece chest rig and two 308 double mag shingles. One on each side of the buckle. A small trauma pouch on my right side and a multipurpose pouch on the left with necessary items.

This is the same rig I have, mine is just a little older, but bought it from my friend who has put it to very good use.
    https://www.skdtac.com/Mayflower-HK4...-p/3sk.114.htm

Did you want to build something or buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I bought this several years ago for my PredatAR. I've done a few drills with it but never used it for work. I just thought it kind of completed the package.
    http://www.first-spear.com/product.p...cat=273&page=1
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Also I keep in mind that you can go to Tactical Tailor and build out a rig there as well. I have a couple of chest rigs that I built using almost all their pouches. I actually prefer TT to most, but I have been giving BFG Ten Speed gear a look on the lightweight low viz side.

Also this is definitely worth a look. I am a big fan also of BCS rigs. Beez Combat Systems. I have their NIJ II PC and it's outstanding quality. Through and through.
    http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/762...BCS-CR-762.htm

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good suggestions, thanks! The Mayflower chest rig looks like what I'm looking for. I'd prefer to be able to carry more than four magazines.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    The Recce will fit the bill for that. I'm usually in that mindset if more is better. The 308 is new to me so I'm still working through what is manageable on top of my PC and what is too much. These pics are just some food for through. I like my Recce, but prefer building my own chest rig. The fact I can address flexibility and modularity within one kit is my preference above all. This is my heavy rig. It's 5.56 but it can give you an idea of what you can put together. I have pouches on here that can be used for a variety of purposes - all mission driven. Some completed kits can give you that, but in my opinion nothing gives you exactly what you need with the ability to re-purpose a pouch better than your own mind and your own two hands.
    Just some food for thought....

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I have a couple of chest rigs for my DMR. (308). I
    You've got a few options depending on what you like. Do you want to buy complete rig?
    Mayflower HK417 Recce chest rig
    Just heard back from SKD Tactical...they no longer sell the Mayflower HK416 chest rig. Bummer.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Before I get all preachy, do you already have a waist/belt setup, or are not wanting waist carrying ability?
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Before I get all preachy, do you already have a waist/belt setup, or are not wanting waist carrying ability?
    Yes, I do have a battle belt set up, but would like something that is more "vehicle friendly."

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    Just heard back from SKD Tactical...they no longer sell the Mayflower HK416 chest rig. Bummer.
    How bad do you want one?

I don't ask that about money but whether you would use a used rig or want brand new?

Check out OPTactical. They are GTG. I've bought a good bit of gear from them. Here's a link to their .308/7.62 NATO chest rigs.

http://www.optactical.com/37nachri.html

Check out this chest rig. Similar to the 417 Recce.
    http://www.optactical.com/mapuuwgenvip.html

A lot of premade rigs run 4-5 mags standard. With some it could be possible to mount additional mag pouches, but usually that means compromise in some other area of your kit.

An option could be running a combination battle belt and chest rig. I have one kit that makes use of my battle belt a Tactical Tailor mini-MAV and I integrated a Flatpack that I tied in with the mini-MAV. I keep some ghillie type camo in the flat pack, hydration and a few other things. It's modular and pretty balanced. I can drop either piece of gear and still be GTG.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast