Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Lefty question

Feedback Score

AR-15 Lefty question

Hi,
    I've never owned a rifle before, but of course I NEED one! I'm left handed, but I don't believe in left handed weapons due to there aren't many out there in a SHTF situation. My one question is about getting gassed in the eyes when shooting a right handed rifle. I don't think it's a big deal but I wanted to ask. At the range I'd of course be wearing eye protection and if the SHTF I can't see why it would matter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I never noticed it. ARs, AKs, FALs.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    No issue with me.
    I shoot my ar pistol nose almost to charging handle. No issues.

From what i have heard over gassed guns may have issues with silencers. But there are still options to stop it.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I can’t add anything that has not been said already but you should not have any issues with gas in the face. In most instances you will likely have eye pro on plus you will be focused on the target so you won’t notice the gas or the shell eject or at least not in my experiences.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Lefty here - never had any issues getting gassed in the face with a standard AR.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It will depend on how and what you’re shooting, in my experience.

If you shoot nose to charging handle, you may experience some, but that is mostly from the charging handle/receiver gap and has same impact on righty shooters.

If you shoot suppressed, you may have some issues depending on the can/port size/operation type. Even with M-Frames, I get a little gas in my eyes on a suppressed Colt. The HK wunder gun is unbearable with a can.

Unsuppressed, you probably won’t have any issues at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Same here, no issues. Shot a buddy’s SBR 9mm suppressed that he had to run ’wet’ ... and just needed to wipe my shooting glasses off afterwards.

Heck, I even shoot right-handed flintlocks! Have NEVER even seen the pan flash ... as ALL my attnetion is on the front sight ... where it should be!
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Lefty here - never had any issues getting gassed in the face with a standard AR.
    Lefty here as well. I would agree with this. Put a suppressor on most stock ARs though, and there will be noticeably more gas. Not a deal-breaker for me though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Suppressed is the only time I notice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Run N Shoot View Post
    In most instances you will likely have eye pro on...
    Can't count on eye pro being out there in a SHTF situation.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast