Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch MK23 Rail, Light, Laser and Holster Option - FINALLY

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Heckler & Koch MK23 Rail, Light, Laser and Holster Option - FINALLY

Good news for MK23 owners looking for a traditional pic rail mount for light/laser on their MK23. GG&G is now shipping their newly released mount. The next question is, of course, what holster would work with it to allow you to carry the MK23 with a light, etc.

But good news.

I'm enjoying watching the HK Snobs over at HKPro whine that they feel slighted that they did not get first "dibs" on the mounts, since they were trying to put together a group order, LOL.

Here's the link to it:
    HK MK23 Light and Laser Mount

UPDATE

UPDATE

I heard back today from a Kydex holster maker, Squared Away Customs, and they can and will make a custom Kydex holster for my Mark 23 with the GG&G rail with a Surefire X400 Ultra.

Here is Squared Away Customs' weblink: http://www.squaredawaycustoms.com/

Here is the holster I ordered, and note, they CAN and will make it specifically for the Surefire X400 Ultra, but it adds half an inch to the width of the holster. Darn, there goes my plan for Appendix carry of the MK23 with rail and light/laser.

Five-O
    (Gun Make & Model: HK Mark 23 SOCOM, Weapon Mounted Light Make & Model: Surefire X400 Ultra (+$15.00), Kydex Color: ATACs FG (+$10.00), Side (draw from): Right, Belt Loop Size: 1.75" Speed Clip (+$12.00), Special Instructions: I am ordering this to have a custom holster made for my MK23. I communicated with Mark Lancaster about this. I will sending you guys the new GG&G light/laser rail mount system for the MK23. Mark advised me to order the holster, and send in the mount when I get it from GG&G. Currently shipping in APPROXIMATELY 3-6 weeks from date of purchase: I acknowledge)

PRICE: $136
    Last edited by OrlandoJones; 06-19-17 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Why HK doesn't just get with the times and mold picatinny-spec rails on their USP and MK23 is beyond me. One more reason to buy something else.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Why HK doesn't just get with the times and mold picatinny-spec rails on their USP and MK23 is beyond me. One more reason to buy something else.
    You shut your mouth, the Mk23 is the most operatorish handgun you can operate operationally with.

I love my USP...with the LEM it's actually got a tolerable trigger, but the proprietary rail is laughable. Don't tell the HK fanboys that though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DirectTo View Post
    You shut your mouth, the Mk23 is the most operatorish handgun you can operate operationally with.

I love my USP...with the LEM it's actually got a tolerable trigger, but the proprietary rail is laughable. Don't tell the HK fanboys that though.
    I should clarify that my statement was made with more regard to the USP than the MK23. The MK23 is a niche gun without any equal really. But the USP? It's been out over 20 years, there's literally no excuse why HK can't produce it with a picatinny rail. I owned a USP-45 for all of 2 weeks. The dumb proprietary rail was one reason I got rid of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I may have found a holster maker who is able to make a Kydex holster with SLS retention for the MK23 with GG&G rail and a variety of lights, will report back when I learn more. I'm interested in running my Surefire X300U on the MK23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I should clarify that my statement was made with more regard to the USP than the MK23. The MK23 is a niche gun without any equal really. But the USP? It's been out over 20 years, there's literally no excuse why HK can't produce it with a picatinny rail. I owned a USP-45 for all of 2 weeks. The dumb proprietary rail was one reason I got rid of it.
    It would make sense to me, at least, for handgun makers to use the same mounting system, why they don't is a mystery to me as well. Glock, SIG, HK .... why not just use a standard 1913 PIC rail system on their handguns? But that is not what this topic is about.
    Last edited by OrlandoJones; 06-18-17 at 08:21.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Bravo, Sir Bravo!!! I have said this in so many different ways to various folks at HKUSA over the years with the reply of crickets...Simply astounding that a company like that can let something soo obvious be ignored repeatedly. Yes, I know there are other gunmakers who are guilty of ignoring things that the gun using public clamors for but this again is a no brainer. Good for GG&G for finding a hole and filling it!!

Feedback Score
    The MK23 is a niche gun without any equal really.
    The Desert Eagle seems to be a strong contender.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    I may have found a holster maker who is able to make a Kydex holster with SLS retention for the MK23 with GG&G rail and a variety of lights, will report back when I learn more. I'm interested in running my Surefire X300U on the MK23.
    You could always just run the Surefire X300 UH-B (link below).

http://www.surefire.com/x300uh-b-mas...aponlight.html

..and the new Surefire MasterFire holster (link below).

http://www.surefire.com/masterfire-holster.html

Then you'd have the ability to run it with a suppressor mounted as well. You'd have to check to see if the MasterFire covered the trigger guard obviously, but it would be pretty slick if it worked..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast