Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heckler & Koch MK23 Rail, Light, Laser and Holster Option - FINALLY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    But the USP? It's been out over 20 years, there's literally no excuse why HK can't produce it with a picatinny rail.
    By now USP, USP Compact and Mk23 are basically legacy platform. I do not see HK investing money into face lift when they have P30, HK45 and SFP/VP series now. Of course if some big buyer will put an order for few thousands and require Stanag 4694 rail, HK will surely be pleased to provide that.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    UPDATE

I heard back today from a Kydex holster maker, Squared Away Customs, and they can and will make a custom Kydex holster for my Mark 23 with the GG&G rail with a Surefire X400 Ultra.

Here is Squared Away Customs' weblink: http://www.squaredawaycustoms.com/

Here is the holster I ordered, and note, they CAN and will make it specifically for the Surefire X400 Ultra, but it adds half an inch to the width of the holster. Darn, there goes my plan for Appendix carry of the MK23 with rail and light/laser.

Five-O
    (Gun Make & Model: HK Mark 23 SOCOM, Weapon Mounted Light Make & Model: Surefire X400 Ultra (+$15.00), Kydex Color: ATACs FG (+$10.00), Side (draw from): Right, Belt Loop Size: 1.75" Speed Clip (+$12.00), Special Instructions: I am ordering this to have a custom holster made for my MK23. I communicated with Mark Lancaster about this. I will sending you guys the new GG&G light/laser rail mount system for the MK23. Mark advised me to order the holster, and send in the mount when I get it from GG&G. Currently shipping in APPROXIMATELY 3-6 weeks from date of purchase: I acknowledge)

PRICE: $136
    Last edited by OrlandoJones; 06-19-17 at 14:33.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoJones View Post
    UPDATE

I heard back today from a Kydex holster maker, Squared Away Customs, and they can and will make a custom Kydex holster for my Mark 23 with the GG&G rail with a Surefire X400 Ultra.

Here is the holster I ordered, and note, they CAN and will make it specifically for the Surefire X400 Ultra, but it adds half an inch to the width of the holster. Darn, there goes my plan for Appendix carry of the MK23 with rail and light/laser.

Five-O
    (Gun Make & Model: HK Mark 23 SOCOM, Weapon Mounted Light Make & Model: Surefire X400 Ultra (+$15.00), Kydex Color: ATACs FG (+$10.00), Side (draw from): Right, Belt Loop Size: 1.75" Speed Clip (+$12.00), Special Instructions: I am ordering this to have a custom holster made for my MK23. I communicated with Mark Lancaster about this. I will sending you guys the new GG&G light/laser rail mount system for the MK23. Mark advised me to order the holster, and send in the mount when I get it from GG&G. Thanks, Paul McCain (BOC1580@gmail.com)., Currently shipping in APPROXIMATELY 3-6 weeks from date of purchase: I acknowledge)

God forbid you ever have to use an offensive handgun in a defensive situation. Not to mention losing a $2k handgun to police lock-up. I can't wait to hear about how awesome that bad boy is to carry...
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Paul McCain (BOC1580@gmail.com)
    Haven't you been banned here already, under the name ptmccain?
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Haven't you been banned here already, under the name ptmccain?
    Paul McCain can't appendix carry either. Fake news.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    God forbid you ever have to use an offensive handgun in a defensive situation. Not to mention losing a $2k handgun to police lock-up. I can't wait to hear about how awesome that bad boy is to carry...

Check your sarcasm/humor meter...it is either broken or needs new batteries.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Are you Paul McCain, previously here as ptmccain?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Check your sarcasm/humor meter...it is either broken or needs new batteries.
    Actually, it's pretty spot on.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Why HK doesn't just get with the times and mold picatinny-spec rails on their USP and MK23 is beyond me. One more reason to buy something else.
    There are a few things that keep them from doing so.

1. Contractual obligations. It is often hard to change a gun that is being delivered to a customer. The USP series of pistols remain issued to multiple militaries so it may not be as simple as changing the mold and sending the pistols out. The ecosystem would have to be changed as well as holster compatibility may become a concern along with any other accessories that the institution has that fit the original rail.

2. California. The USP remains a massive seller in the state because the Safe Handgun Roster froze market offerings in time in 2008. HK can not sell their newer pistols and their legacy USP pistols face less competition from competitors who, likewise, cannot sell their newest wares. If they make any change then it is no longer grandfathered in under the old rules. Beretta is having problems because a roll mark changed from MD to TN with their move forcing them to retain their old address and mark CA pistols as made in MD. It makes little sense to walk away from a market that is 50 million people strong considering that their sales there probably out pace a majority of the other states combined.

3. Hk did actually update the USP with a new rail. They call it the P2000, P30 and HK45. Take your pick of the litter.

A fun fact. A surefire x300 will fit on a USP compact with a surefire or GG&G adapter. It will not fit on an HK45C despite it having a pic rail.

Feedback Score

I'm enjoying watching the HK Snobs over at HKPro whine that they feel slighted that they did not get first "dibs" on the mounts, since they were trying to put together a group order, LOL.

Here's the link to it:
    HK MK23 Light and Laser Mount

UPDATE

UPDATE

Five-O
    (Gun Make & Model: HK Mark 23 SOCOM, Weapon Mounted Light Make & Model: Surefire X400 Ultra (+$15.00), Kydex Color: ATACs FG (+$10.00), Side (draw from): Right, Belt Loop Size: 1.75" Speed Clip (+$12.00), Special Instructions: I am ordering this to have a custom holster made for my MK23. I communicated with Mark Lancaster about this. I will sending you guys the new GG&G light/laser rail mount system for the MK23. Mark advised me to order the holster, and send in the mount when I get it from GG&G. Currently shipping in APPROXIMATELY 3-6 weeks from date of purchase: I acknowledge)

No wonder you are banned everywhere Armsdorf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12