Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help Finding a Sub MOA 11.5 or 12.5 Barrel (Moved)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Need Help Finding a Sub MOA 11.5 or 12.5 Barrel (Moved)

It was mentioned my last post was in the wrong place so I'm posting here as this is the correct forum

I am Looking for parts for my next build and Need Help Finding a Sub MOA 11.5 or 12.5 Barrel.

I've heard that Centurion's 12.5 barrel is sub moa with 77gr and is properly ported but it seems they've stopped making them?

Also on the table is Daniel Defense's 12.5 but I've not run across as many people saying those are sub moa

AR Performance in 12.5 might be available in late summer but not sure how consistently they can be sub moa with 77gr

Faxon and Ballistic advantage don't seem to be quite there.

Would be nice if it was .625 as I already have an SLR6 but this is not a deal breaker. Decent weight (no bull barrels), Sub MOA with 77gr and properly gassed.

Sionics was mentioned as having a reduced gas port 11.5 and I have added that one to the list but no reports of sub moa with 77gr yet
    Also mentioned was Larue Stealth 12 inch but reports of it being too gassy which might not be bad as I have ordered an SLR7

Good info but looking for a bit more feedback especially if anyone has more info on the Sionics performance with 77gr
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    update - Brownells says the DD 12.5 specs are: .750" OD for the journal. .0595" Gas Port . 1.4 lbs.
    that seems a bit small on the gas port or is that OK for carbine gas?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Dont let gas ports sway your decision. You can always change the gas flow with a brt tuned gas block. Ive used 2 now and they are awesome.

The DD will be a good shooter. Also look into a v7 stainless. I have 2 12.5in barrels from them and they have delivered sub moa.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Dont let gas ports sway your decision. You can always change the gas flow with a brt tuned gas block. Ive used 2 now and they are awesome.

The DD will be a good shooter. Also look into a v7 stainless. I have 2 12.5in barrels from them and they have delivered sub moa.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. Do you have sub moa consistently with the DD 12.5's using 77gr?
    Good lead on the V6 but those are a bit pricey vs DD et al and I am not needed a gas block included as I'd like to use my own.

Feedback Score
    Triarc allegedly sells a good barrel. My buddy's have had sub-MOA with match factory ammo at 100 yards.

If you're willing to wait, Hodge barrels trickle out from time to time, and those are allegedly on par or slightly better than the Centurion Arms barrels.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 05-28-18 at 19:00.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Are you looking for a certain distance sub-moa barrel? Reason I'm asking is that a barrel which is sub moa at 100m might not be a sub minute gun at 300-400m, and especially 500-600m with 12.5"

Ballistic Advantage has a 1 moa guarantee on their barrels. However, I suspect you might have to go custom route for a guaranteed <1moa for a shorter barrel, something like Lilja or Rainer Arms Ultra Match, and etc. In any case you're looking at $500-600+ category for a match barrel.

Feedback Score
    I've had several of the BCM 11.5" configurations and have achieved sub -MOA precision which was repeatable, but only with tuned handloads. While they are proclaimed as 1 in 7 twist, my best results have been with bullets 60 grains and under... go figure.

Current configuration of SBR #2, 11.5" BCM ELW on Mega billet Giessle HiSpeed match Freedom Armory Dragoon direct thread (9.7 0u.) MagPul and BCM KMR.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    I guess the silencer aids with the 1 MOA quest?

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

Need Help Finding a Sub MOA 11.5 or 12.5 Barrel (Moved)

You want precision barrel performance without precision price. Tall order.

SMOS 12.5 will get you sub moa. Made from Shilen blanks. You can call and ask to not include gas block to reduce price.

My SMOS barrel is as precise as my Proof.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloLarry View Post
    I guess the silencer aids with the 1 MOA quest?

No it doesn't alter the precision, only the POI. But it does make my life easier :-)
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast