Thread: CHROME LINED BARREL BREAK IN PROCEDURE

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Is your SR25 CL'd?
    Yes, it is.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    AFAIK chrome lining actually fills in the imperfections in the bore leaving only the high spots to worry about. But if it takes a few thousand rounds to knock down the high spots in the chrome, I mean I knew chrome was tough but thats a lot of rounds. Maybe shooting steel jacketed bullets would smooth it out faster.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    You obviously missed the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    O'rly? What was that? I just saw a guy mocking something he probably doesn't understand in a weak attempt a humor.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    AFAIK chrome lining actually fills in the imperfections in the bore leaving only the high spots to worry about. But if it takes a few thousand rounds to knock down the high spots in the chrome, I mean I knew chrome was tough but thats a lot of rounds. Maybe shooting steel jacketed bullets would smooth it out faster.
    Why bother? We are talking a very minor change. Why not just buy a used rifle?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    O'rly? What was that? I just saw a guy mocking something he probably doesn't understand in a weak attempt a humor.
    You think he doesn't understand it? That video is from the hide years ago...there was quite a debate about "barrel break-in", usually perpetuated by novice shooters parroting manufacturers' pages. Those wearing out more barrels in a year than most will in a lifetime universally believed that the lore around break-in is bullshit and backed it up with evidence and research. This video was made to mock the fools that believed ok pixie-dust break in.

So yes, you missed the point.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    You think he doesn't understand it? That video is from the hide years ago...there was quite a debate about "barrel break-in", usually perpetuated by novice shooters parroting manufacturers' pages. Those wearing out more barrels in a year than most will in a lifetime universally believed that the lore around break-in is bullshit and backed it up with evidence and research. This video was made to mock the fools that believed ok pixie-dust break in.

So yes, you missed the point.
    Thanks for telling me what I know and what I don't know smarty pants. What if I told you that "break-in" means different things to different people? Want to tell me what I am thinking of when I write "break-in?"

There were no points to be missed besides some ****tard grunting dumb shit into his camera in an attempt to make a joke.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    People need to obsess over something, so barrel break in might as well be it.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    Thanks for telling me what I know and what I don't know smarty pants. What if I told you that "break-in" means different things to different people? Want to tell me what I am thinking of when I write "break-in?"

There were no points to be missed besides some ****tard grunting dumb shit into his camera in an attempt to make a joke.
    I don't care what you think it "means" to you, it's a bullshit concept people obsess over for no reason. Just shoot the f'ing gun. There is no benefit to this silly rituals. That's the point of the video. But you're so smart, tell us.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You realize all those recommended break in procedures are for stainless steel match barrels right?
    Criterion, on their website, refer to barrel break-in on a CL barrel being "easier." DPMS has a barrel break-in process. Not all the makers are talking about SS match barrels.

My question was is there a consensus on what to do and how it works/helps. I don't think either exists, but I hesitate to call barrel break-in a hoax, or whatever. I'm looking for a reliable source telling me if it's worth it, why, and how to do it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You're going to be looking for a while. There is no consensus.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast