Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CHROME LINED BARREL BREAK IN PROCEDURE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When I get a new anvil I clean it and then beat the crap out of it with a 4 lb sledge. Some people say you need to clean it and then use a 3 lb sledge for at least 300 swings with both the right and left hands. I have seen some guys clean their new anvil and then go whackin it with an 8 lb sledge right away... not sure how this will affect the anvil in 30-40 years time. Good luck!
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    When I get a new anvil I clean it and then beat the crap out of it with a 4 lb sledge. Some people say you need to clean it and then use a 3 lb sledge for at least 300 swings with both the right and left hands. I have seen some guys clean their new anvil and then go whackin it with an 8 lb sledge right away... not sure how this will affect the anvil in 30-40 years time. Good luck!
    All joking aside, I seriously noticed a literal 100% improvement in that one barrel. It went from the manufacturer offering to replace it if a good cleaning didn't fix it, to me refusing to let anyone near it now because it shoots lights out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I clean my barrels too brother, I just don't have to use some sort of breakin paste, or special sauce to get them to run. Didn't you read that I clean my anvils ;-P

Glad you got her shootin well the only thing crappier than an inaccurate gun is an unreliable one... I like my rifles to be "interesting" rifles too!

Townsend Whelen "Only accurate rifles are interesting"

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I clean my barrels too brother, I just don't have to use some sort of breakin paste, or special sauce to get them to run. Didn't you read that I clean my anvils ;-P

Glad you got her shootin well the only thing crappier than an inaccurate gun is an unreliable one... I like my rifles to be "interesting" rifles too!

Townsend Whelen "Only accurate rifles are interesting"
    Agreed. My Threshold for a Chrome-Lined /gov or lighter barrel is 1.5MOA aggregate for 3 10-shot groups, back to back, no fliers excluded. I have yet to find a gun I cannot do that with, using a 4 or 6 power LPV.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm looking for a "4 or 6 power LPV" right now. Really looking for two. One I can afford now and what I really want down the road. I'm thinking the Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24 for now and the Kahles 1x6 later... any advice?

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'm looking for a "4 or 6 power LPV" right now. Really looking for two. One I can afford now and what I really want down the road. I'm thinking the Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24 for now and the Kahles 1x6 later... any advice?
    Well, I just sold my NF 1-4 FC2 and my K16i, and you bought neither, so no, no advice *bitter at you for it* rofl!

Seriously though, I'm torn on MK6 TMR-D, and Trijicon 1-8 MIL/MIL Red. 90% sure going MK6.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    On the K16i did it hold focus thru the zoom or did you have to adjust diopter at different magnification? What did you not like about it?

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Why? That video isn't funny and the guy is a 'tard because that barrel either did, or will 'break-in.'

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    Why? That video isn't funny and the guy is a 'tard because that barrel either did, or will 'break-in.'
    You obviously missed the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullins223 View Post
    Hi all:
    I've got a Green Mountain 16" barrel for an AR coming in. The barrel is chrome lined. I've gotten online and seen that everyone has a different idea on how to break in a new barrel. I read one where the guy said that chrome lined barrels don't need to be broken in as the chrome is so hard it doesn't need it.
    So, I'd like to get some opinions on this.

Thanks for replies
    Like TexHill said, just shoot it.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast