Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ACOG ECOS

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    But it's sooooo stylish! Actually on my all black rifle it stands out like herpes on a big date. The iron sights aren't terribly useful either. Again, bells and whistles. For a regular jackoff like me I'd probably be fine with a $250 Leupold.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by benthughes View Post
    I'm not going to argue it with someone with more experience with it. The scope I'm referring to has no fiberoptic tube, the illumination is tritium only. It's very dim in a dark room and not visible in regular light. I imagine in such low light settings you'd be using a light of some sort which would, again, disable the tritium. As for night vision and the tritium....I dunno, I don't have NV. This is what a trijicon dealer and competition shooter told me.

Ben
    Sorry dude, that guy was full of shit. Maybe it works OK with night vision, but that was not the intended purpose to the tritium. I don't know for a fact how well the TA01-NSN works with NV, but I can tell you the TA31F (not the ECOS) which has the light tube and tritium will wash out a PVS-14 NVG mounted behind it pretty bad. You can help this by taping up the light tube, but even the tritium will wash it out. I used this set-up for some time in Iraq during my second tour with mixed results.

The tritium, while less than ideal, is meant to give the TA-01 ACOG night time firing capabilities with the naked eye. The TA31 ECOS was meant to address the concerns you have about recticle wash out with the TA-01 by adding a fiber optic light tube to the optic.

OP: The TA31 ECOS has a graduated recticle similar to the TA01 NSN. It also has the fiber optic light tube. A normal TA31 has a chevron or "death doughnut" recticle, not the graduated crosshairs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12