Thread: GG&G Under Foregrip Rail, Anybody using one?

Feedback Score

GG&G Under Foregrip Rail, Anybody using one?

Is anybody currently using this on their standard M4 carbine hand guards? If so how do you like it? Were any modifications needed to install? Did you use loctite or anything to secure the screws? Will it work with a double heat shield?

Link to GG&G Rail: https://www.gggaz.com/ar-15-m16-unde...rail-ufir.html

All I really want to do is add a vertical foregrip for my bad wrist. This seems like a good option instead of changing out the hand guards.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Your link doesn't work, but one I'm thinking of has never gained acceptance by anyone I know. The continual issue for everyone has been a dislike of the handguards shifting around, and a general lack of feeling as if it securely fastened.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    A Magpul MOE SL handguard (or standard MOE) plus MVG will do exactly what you want but be much more solid. The pair will run about $50 and neither are throw-away pieces of gear.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I had the MI version on before Magpul mid lengths came out. I don't remember having any issues with it, but I doubt I'd go back. It's not all that hard to swap them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I picked up a couple packed like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262930862220

For $5 a piece from a mil surplus dealer and I think Samson is another vendor offering the same thing.

As near as I can tell those were geared more towards the hand guard on a 20" rifle and not carbines. Did stick one on a CAR type guard and it didn't feel too great. Another issue is some of the M4 double heat shields are glued in place
    Last edited by JasonB1; 06-20-17 at 07:29.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I'll look into replacing the handguard. Has anyone here had any issues or complaints about overheating the magpul MOE or SL handguards? I'm running a LE6920.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No heat issue, but I had SL and went back to standard MLOK due to using a Magpul cantilever light mount with a 1" light activating the tail cap with my left thumb. The SL vent holes aren't as far forward as the standard so it isn't quite as ergonomic for the light set up I had. No light or pressure switch in the equation and I would vote SL.
    Last edited by JasonB1; 06-20-17 at 14:30.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to grab the MOE and MVG.
    I'm also looking at the Magpul K2+. I have the original colt pistol grip on my rifle now and the finger notch is really annoying. I'm female and have medium girly hands, and that notch really likes to dig in to my finger the wrong way.
    I held a Colt Expanse with SL furniture on it just to get a feel for the more straight SL grip and it felt pretty good, but lacked girth. I'm 5'6" and shoot with a fully extended stock, so hopefully the K2 won't be too awkward. The SL grip felt pretty good at the store.