Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Predator" 30th anniversary

Feedback Score

"Predator" 30th anniversary

"Predator" hit theatres 30 years ago this month. Hard to believe it's been that long, and couldn't let it go by without saying something. I think it still holds up pretty well today even considering the 30-year old special effects.

Dutch and Anna are probably somewhere in Middle America, comfortably retired.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Once you get through a bit of cheese with the characters its quite a good movie. I'll always watch it when it's on....one of my faves.

Feedback Score
    I liked the movie, but I wish they had stuck to the commando raid scenario and hadn't brought in the alien element. It was a great movie before the creature arrived and I always thought the creature really wasn't necessary to making it a great movie.

Feedback Score
    Getting old... &^%$... I was 20-something when I saw it in the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I liked the movie, but I wish they had stuck to the commando raid scenario and hadn't brought in the alien element. It was a great movie before the creature arrived and I always thought the creature really wasn't necessary to making it a great movie.
    Disagree. I'm a si-fi (good ones) fan, and think the commandos actually complimented the alien well. It was actually a si-fi movie written with a commando theme, not the other way around. Either way, darn good flick.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Getting old... &^%$... I was 20-something when I saw it in the theater.

Disagree. I'm a si-fi (good ones) fan, and think the commandos actually complimented the alien well. It was actually a si-fi movie written with a commando theme, not the other way around. Either way, darn good flick.
    Once again, I did like the movie, I just have the same problem with Predator that I had with From Dusk Til Dawn: they had a damn good movie that didn't really need the sci fi or horror plot.

JMHO. I'd watch Predator again in a minute, but I'll always see another movie in it.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 06-20-17 at 10:05.

Feedback Score
    I see your point... Dusk 'til Dawn was way overboard. I just have a soft spot for Predator. One of my all time favorites.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post

Wasn't that the whole point of the movie?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Commandos raid or not, the movie was written with a Sci-Fi plot...

So, 30 years and next year is supposed to be the re-make from Shane Black (also in the original).
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Man, here I was thinking this was about LaRue!

The movie did provide one of the best all time lines in moviedom for Jesse Ventura ... "I ain't got time to bleed!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    Man, here I was thinking this was about LaRue!

The movie did provide one of the best all time lines in moviedom for Jesse Ventura ... "I ain't got time to bleed!"
    I concur.

I also like when the big guy tells the CO or adviser, or whatever he was, that if he gives away their position again he'll bleed him "real quiet."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast