Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HSGI Taco Questions???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

HSGI Taco Questions???

Ok I am starting to assemble a battle belt, I plan on using HSGI TACOs for 3 rifle and 3 pistol mags. So should I do the double decker so to save belt space, or do they stick out too much? I also plan to have a pistol holster and a dump bag. Should I get the belt or molle style?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Moregunzz; 06-20-17 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use "Double Deckers" for this very reason: I can hold a lot more mags, and if training ONLY with pistols, even more pistol mags, I attach my dump pouch to the taco mags and carry it on my left side, and it hangs in a perfect position to drop mags easily into it. Saves a LOT of being over and picking up and searching for your mags when everyone else's is black too.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I used to run double decker SS on my belt. They stick out too much got me. The caught in everything. Getting out of UTVs and trucks was a pain. I switched to singles on my battle belt....two rifle mags and two pistol mags.

For competition I just use a regular belt and run my old doubles directly on the belt with the aide of the RCS adapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    That is going to be a shit ton of weight on your belt and you will need a very stable system to support all of that. I started the same way. Now I am down to two pistol and one AR mag.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I find two pistol and one rifle mag to be plenty enough in a duty belt along with a holster (granted, a 2 1/4" vs battle belt). Anything more goes on an outer carrier. I have run double-decker pouches and find they stick out too much. Also, have you used Taco pistol pouches? I've found mag reinsertion to be difficult at times.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have not used the rifle or pistol, I will be switching between battle belt and pistol belt, also I will be switching between 223 and 308 ar mags and ak mags on occasion it seems the double deckers are too wide. Pistol mags are CZ P09 I could make those with Kydex if the pistol tacos don't work well. What's the consensus on the pistol tacos?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like them because I can use anything from .45 mags to Glock mags. When changing platforms I don't need new carriers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I like HSGI gear and use their radio pouch and med pouch daily. While the pistol tacos are nice, I feel they're a little too versatile to be great at anything. My HK45 mags require a little too much effort to insert as opposed to 9/40 and when reinserting a partially loaded mag (as one might do during a magazine exchange), the exposed round can get hung up in the bungee/plate retention system. These are just my experiences, though, YMMW. For what is worth, I prefer dedicated mag pouches like IFW Fast-Mags

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't like the double decker versions, bought an x2r and no thanks.

A older picture but not much has changed.
    I need a couple things still but I'm happy with them, gcode makes a version of their own.

What I don't like is it's only solid colors.
    https://www.tacticalholsters.com/pro...e-mag-carrier/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moregunzz View Post
    Ok I am starting to assemble a battle belt, I plan on using HSGI TACOs for 3 rifle and 3 pistol mags. So should I do the double decker so to save belt space, or do they stick out too much? I also plan to have a pistol holster and a dump bag. Should I get the belt or molle style?

Thanks for the help.
    Any particular reason you're going with TACOs? Do you use more than one mag type (AR + AK + SCAR-H for example)? I've had tacos, and didn't care for them since I have gear set up specific to a mag type. I know they're really popular, but I didn't find them to be as secure as other options (like a TT Shingle).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast