Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PLANTAR FASCIITIS

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Great info in this thread.

I've been having similar issues. One foot is pretty bad (feels like I have a nail lodged in my foot) and the other flares up every now and then, but not quite as severe. I'm quite a bit younger than most here (26) so don't feel bad.

Are most of these insoles going to require custom fitting or are there online options? I wear boots a lot so I'm sure that doesn't help..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rogue556; 06-21-17 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The gadgets that look a lot like soft casts that adjust to pull the toes back towards the shins to stretch everything out while you sleep work well.

Also, at the first hint it is happening begin treating it. Toughing it out and thinking it will go away on it's own just prolongs it once you give up and start trying to fix it.
    Last edited by JasonB1; 06-27-17 at 14:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Great info in this thread.

I've been having similar issues. One foot is pretty bad (feels like I have a nail lodged in my foot) and the other flares up every now and then, but not quite as severe. I'm quite a bit younger than most here (26) so don't feel bad.

Are most of these insoles going to require custom fitting or are there online options? I wear boots a lot so I'm sure that doesn't help..

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Superfeet fit in boots, or pretty much anything. They even have them for dress shoes.

The standard insoles require you to trim them. But nothing custom beyond that.

I know people who have had custom orthotics made, and have had the surgery to relieve plantar fasciitis. They all are using Superfeet now. They just do something right.

I've never had plantar fasciitis, but I'm sold too.

Feedback Score
    I purchased New Balance insoles from TheInsole Store.com. Problem ws solved.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I'd pay a visit to the podiatrist, they can get you a pair of insoles that are customized for your feet to address the problematic areas unique to YOUR feet. Off the shelf insoles are not the long term solution, especially as your feet are the foundation to your body and affects everything above.

If you're a veteran that is eligible for the VA, they have offer solid care. I got my insoles within 3 weeks of my appointment.

Feedback Score
    ^^^They can cost $400.00 and, in my case, did nothing a $30.00-$40.00 pair of insoles will do.^^^
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    RT1,

Good sir, I would recommend that you see a good podiatrist. I had plantar fasciitis for about 2 years and finally was recommended surgery. I had a endoscopic gastrocnemius recession and a subtaylor joint implant on one side and then surgery. I hope that your condition is not as bad as mine was. I got back to running after I recovered and then something else starting being problematic (getting a geology degree and being in Army ROTC [okay it gave me the best time of my life] did not help after the surgery).

Take the best possible care of your dear sweet feet as you can. Do not be an overly ballsy person like I was (oddly my feet do not bother me much as my podiatrist Dr. Larson from Foot and Ankle Surgical Group did a damned fine job. I am assuming that you are not in the Las Vegas, Nevada valley. If you were I would recommend them. Hell, I should charge them for advertising!).

Buy some damned decent good shoes/boots that you will be wearing most of the time and orthopedics for them. Stretch and do some yoga if possible.

I wish you a swift recovery!

Feedback Score
    Here is an excellent review on top toe separators bodytechreview.com/best-toe-separators-find-the-top-toe-separator/ , just thought this info might become useful for somebody. They help feet to be in natural position, rather effective thing for people suffering from plantar fasciitis.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Hey Folks

I am a Doctor of Chiropractic and in practice I concentrate on biomechanical aberrations and soft tissue injuries which lead to a number of common conditions such as the aforementioned plantar fasciitis. Oddly enough, my office sees more patients for things such as shoulder, knee and foot pain than back pain. That said, I see plantar fasciitis on a regular basis.

Many cases of what people think is plantar fasciitis really isn't. However, this is an academic point since the treatment for a variety of pains in the foot and ankle are pretty much the same. For plantar fasciitis you want your feet evaluated for high arches or over-pronation. If you have high arches you may actually want to use insoles. If you are an over-pronator I would not recommend insoles, instead I would recommend a corrective exercise regimen to correct the over-pronation. Soft tissue work on the bottom of the foot with a lacrosse ball is indicated and stretching of the posterior calf muscles will help indirectly as well. Depending on your ankle mobility I may recommend wearing minimalist shoes and being barefoot when possible (yes, being barefoot). I've even recommended the use of a 2x4 for passive stretching of a patient's foot while sitting at a desk. The two therapies we use in office to combat plantar fasciitis are Graston Technique and Active Release Techniques. Sometimes we use cupping as well. You can find more information on these techniques on our website: http://uprighthealth.us/

Best of luck!
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    I'd pay a visit to the podiatrist, they can get you a pair of insoles that are customized for your feet to address the problematic areas unique to YOUR feet. Off the shelf insoles are not the long term solution, especially as your feet are the foundation to your body and affects everything above.

If you're a veteran that is eligible for the VA, they have offer solid care. I got my insoles within 3 weeks of my appointment.
    That's good to know. Do you do that through Primary Care?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast