Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PLANTAR FASCIITIS

Feedback Score

PLANTAR FASCIITIS

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum please move. Do any of the members here have any recommendations on exercises or boot insoles that will help with this condition ? I am on my feet 10 to 12 hours a day and sometimes the pain is excruciating !!! It sucks getting old, i am 55 and have also just started to need reading glasses. I was shooting the other day and forgot i had my reading glasses on, so that's what a front sight looks like !!!!! :

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got rid of mine by buying top of the line professional orthotic shoe inserts, extremely hard, rigid plastic. Sounds counter-intuitive, but no more PF.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    - Golf ball massage before getting out of bed
    - High quality insoles that support the plantar fascia
    - Don't walk around barefoot

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    - Don't walk around barefoot
    As in NEVER, ever...you will need always to have your orthotic supports in your shoes and wear them...once the "crisis" of the PF flare up is over..you may have some leeway here, for short periods, but ... best always to wear your sturdy orthotic inserts in any shoes you have one: casual or dress or work, always. Always.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am glad the OP asked the question. After being in good physical condition for six decades I am dealing with this issue myself. So far stretching and using orthotic insoles is providing some relief.

Are there any vitamins or supplements that relieve the discomfort?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I am glad the OP asked the question. After being in good physical condition for six decades I am dealing with this issue myself. So far stretching and using orthotic insoles is providing some relief.

Are there any vitamins or supplements that relieve the discomfort?
    The problem is that once the plantar fascia ligaments become inflamed it takes a good long while to get over that. Ibuprofen and plenty of stretching in the morning and the orthotic inserts were my savior when I had it super bad. It can feel like somebody is jabbing a knife into your heel with every step. The ONLY thing that finally "cured" it were the custom made orthotics, which I now am never without. I got slammed by it when I was in my thirties already, due to way too much walking in hard soled shoes (oh, and screw those...have not worn hard soled shoes for many, many years). Fortunately, nice dress shoes with rubber soles and plenty of padding in the interior are now available

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I use the good feet inserts and they have fixe about 90 percent of my pain. Rolling a tennis ball under arch fixes that last 10%.

Feedback Score
    Thank you all for your replies. I guess i am going to have to change my ways, i usually walk around barefoot when i get home in the evenings !!!! I will try the exercises described and let you know how i get on. Does anyone have any recommendations as to the various insoles available ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PLANTAR FASCIITIS

Superfeet. Good stores have testers available to replace the crap insole that comes with the shoe. Do this because depending on your foot, you may wind up buying a half-size bigger shoe.

They may not feel comfortable right off the bat, and they are hard. But I'd be surprised if after a few weeks you ever consider owning shoes that don't have them again.

They are the gold standard of quality inserts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast