Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knife attack "terrorism" at Flint airport 6/21

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Knife attack "terrorism" at Flint airport 6/21

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ated-act-terro

The aloha-snackbar makes it sound like terrorism. Details are still coming in. Maybe it was something in the water?

Flint Bishop airport is a fairly heavily-used airport, not only for Flint but for much of metro Detroit - it's about the same distance from northern Detroit suburbs as the main airport (DTW) and is much smaller with easier everything. Although it is Flint's airport, it's a somewhat different world than most of the City of Flint.

Wednesday morning's incident at Bishop airport in Flint, Michigan, in which an airport officer was stabbed in the neck is being investigated as a possible act of terrorism according to Federal investigators.

Lieutenant Jeff Neville, who retired from the Genesee County Sheriff's Office, was stabbed in the neck and is listed in stable condition. Sources cited by ABC say Neville was at his post at the top of the escalators at Bishop when he was attacked from behind with a larger knife, similar to a Bowie knife.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    No terrorism, only anger management issue of an Amish.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seriously, I do notice that they are getting a little quicker to say 'investigating as a possible terrorist attack.'

Wonder how the 'terrorist' ended up alive? Was the Lt. the only security at that point? If not, weren't the other security armed?

Knife attack, shouts of 'allah akbar' should equall head shots to preclude a detonation if possible, shouldn't it?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/inde...slasher_i.html

The affidavit from FBI Special Agent Thomas M. Sondgeroth says an officer who observed the attack on police officer Jeff Neville told him Ftouhi used a large knife to stab the victim.

Ftouhi yelled "Allahu Akbar" -- "Allah is the greatest" -- before making the attack, according to the affidavit.

After stabbing the officer in the neck, Ftouhi continued to yell, "Allah," several times, Sondgeroth's statement says.

"He further exclaimed something similar to, 'you have killed people in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and we are all going to die.' "
    Waiting for the apologists to say this has nothing to do with terrorism...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Don't worry guys. This is much ado about nothing. It's the new normal. Keep alarm levels low, and do not beware of your surroundings. It's no biggy. Be prepared to share hugs, hashtags, and fake prayers.
    Last edited by TXBK; 06-22-17 at 11:14.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    Don't worry guys. This is much ado about nothing. It's the new normal. Keep alarm levels low, and do not beware of your surroundings.
    FYI, as I tried to mention in the first post, this is a midsize and very mundane airport. Previous to this I doubt anyone thought any form of terrorism was a real risk here, and if any few did, they were probably focused on the standard TSA type concerns. This is not like JFK or LAX where it's a huge airport with tons of foreign visitors and 747s coming through and a perception of heightened risk due to the size and global prominence. This is an airport that I'll bet most of you didn't know existed.

I don't think Flint was any particular focus, rather I think it highlights the randomness of current lone-nut type attacks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've often wondered what would happen if radical Christians performed attacks like this in places like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait or Quatar?
    How quick would trials be, how quickly would there be threats of Military action and how would the MSM deal with it?
    I would never call for such action, but I noticed the Mayor of London and their Media react remarkably differently when calling something "Terror".
    For the most part the hypocrisy goes unchallenged.
    Last edited by Averageman; 06-22-17 at 07:20.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Personally, I expect more small airport attacks. ATL has security carrying suppressed M4s (or what ever the issue weapon is).
    Flint is likely much less secure and I expect that the whole tsa process is much less robust. Our local airport does not seem to have but one local officer on hand.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
    Personally, I expect more small airport attacks. ATL has security carrying suppressed M4s (or what ever the issue weapon is).
    Flint is likely much less secure and I expect that the whole tsa process is much less robust. Our local airport does not seem to have but one local officer on hand.
    When my wife and I came back from St. Thomas in January the Nashville airport police were sporting LWRCI M6 SPR's (with the spiral fluted barrels) and RDS. I was talking to one of them while waiting for baggage and he said the "show of force" (there were several of them in a group standing there) was in part due to that shithead at the Ft. Lauderdale airport not long before.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast