Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Military Branch: Space Corps

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    In space you can float around and bump into things and get hurt. So it's vital you protect your internal organs with a protective layer of stored calories. I am training by sitting on the couch and eating as many plates of macaroni and cheese as possible.
    There is no weight shaming in space, because no one weighs anything...

We don't face overpopulation, we face a population implosion in the next 100-200 years.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    There is no weight shaming in space, because no one weighs anything...

We don't face overpopulation, we face a population implosion in the next 100-200 years.
    Mass shaming will be the new norm.

e.g. "You fat massed bastard"

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Don't we already have some kind of TR3B stealth technology aircraft in development? I've seen videos but not sure if it's legit. Maybe that's what this program is about having weapon systems involved with that type of military application.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Don't we already have some kind of TR3B stealth technology aircraft in development? I've seen videos but not sure if it's legit. Maybe that's what this program is about having weapon systems involved with that type of military application.
    Depends on what rabbit holes you go down.

Some whistle blowers say the TR3B fleet has been operational for several decades.

I see this latest Space Corps PR stunt as just the next phase of partial disclosure.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I'm late to the party on this, but I can give some insight. I was an Air Force Space & Missiles officer for ten years. I spent nearly all of that on the ICBM (missiles) side, but I am pretty well versed on the space side and have a lot of friends still doing it.

The space side of the Air Force has quietly been setting itself up for this quasi-separation for a long time. The underlying drive is that the relatively unique functions of space (GPS, communications, early warning, weather, space lift, intelligence, etc.) are a huge demand. That demand is spread across the DoD and civilian agencies as well. The problem, as the space dudes see it, is that their funding is controlled by pilots who don't "get it."

The space side of the house wants more control over its funding and priorities. They have been busy bees over the last several years trying to consolidate all of their HQ and training pipelines into their own schools and structures (all based in Colorado) and away from main-line Air Force schools. This whole thing has been thought of and shot down before, though.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    If I can be a space Marine and wear power armor count me in. Hell, I will still sign on the line if I can be a space marine but have to wear shitty spray painted football shoulder pads with a squad member that yells "game over man" every time it gets rough.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    They're probably only doing this so they can set a sniper distance record that can't be beaten by Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would not want to be a cadet in the Space Corps. For obvious reasons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123