Thread: CZ Scorpion Carbine SBR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

CZ Scorpion Carbine SBR

I have a CZ Scorpion carbine and it is a blast to shoot. Minimal recoil, cheap to feed, the whole nine yards. I'd like to take advantage of Silencer Shop's new streamlined Form 1 service and SBR it. Hopefully some of you here can answer a few questions for me.

1) where on the firearm does the NFA engraving go?
    2) did you get the barrel cut to a certain size or go with a factory pistol barrel or are there other options I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
    Last edited by Achilles11B; 07-08-17 at 07:46.
    Good equipment is no substitute for good training.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    When in doubt, engrave near the serial number. That is what I did.

I bought the pistol model, and submitted a Form 1. Then you can simply add the factory stock kit. That is honestly the simplest way. There are people that sell barrel wrenches, and then you can do a swap. But if you wanted to have the factory barrel cut down, you'd very likely have to remove the barrel from the receiver anyway.

So in your case, I'd buy the barrel wrench, remove the barrel, and send it to ADCO to have it cut and threaded. Or maybe look for someone selling a pistol barrel on the EE someplace.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    The law says you have to engrave the 'barrel, frame, or receiver'. ATF says they want to be able to see it (you're not supposed to hide it under removable bits). The answer, is anywhere that meets those two requirements. On the carbine, it looks like you can see the barrel through the Mlok slots on the bottom of the handguard... I'd be tempted to engrave it there.

I'm not that familiar with that gun, but it you ever want to shoot it unsuppressed, you might want to keep a barrel around that extends at least to the end of the handguard. If the barrel is easy to swap, I would just buy the short barrel and have both... if you subtract the cost of having it cut and threaded (plus shipping) from the cost of buying a new barrel, it's probably not a huge amount. If I'm not mistaken, the barrel swap on that rifle is pretty easy. I suppose another option would be to buy a short handguard to go with the short barrel... it all depends on what you want from that rifle.
    Last edited by eodinert; 07-08-17 at 12:13.

Feedback Score
    Legally, the upper receiver is the firearm on the CZ Evo.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Legally, the upper receiver is the firearm on the CZ Evo.
    But that (which part is the "firearm") doesn't come into play...as the barrel is always an allowed location to engrave (conspicuously place), yet is never the firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    But that (which part is the "firearm") doesn't come into play...as the barrel is always an allowed location to engrave (conspicuously place), yet is never the firearm.
    I guess I should have elaborated, more in the sense that the upper being the firearms makes shipping more annoying for barrel chops, unless you're taking the barrel off yourself and sending it in (which is suppose to be kinda annoying). Just something to consider between getting a pistol or carbine.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Engrave the upper.

I bought a factory barrel and had it cut to K length. Now, companies are offering the K barrels so no need to cut yours. Thing is stupid tiny and fun to shoot.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I'm not sure you can chop the barrel cuz it's so thin.

If you have to buy one anyway, I'd get a k barrel and short rail. Those are dope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    HBI's K barrel and hand guard is looking like the best option. Has anyone performed the barrel swap themselves?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilles11B View Post
    HBI's K barrel and hand guard is looking like the best option. Has anyone performed the barrel swap themselves?
    I have. It's not hard.

I had the upper laser engraved right by the factory engraving. Looks 100% factory. I then took apart the upper pulled the barrel & sent it off to have cut down for the k conversion. Paired it with the HBI k conversion forend when the barrel came back & this thing is amazing. One of my favorite Firearms that I've ever owned & there have been plenty at all price points.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)