Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One of those "Help Me Choose" Threads...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    I'm in Northern VA, none of the shops (I've called/checked in 10 so far) have any CZs.
    I assume VA Arms was one of those? I haven't been in about two years, but they always have a great selection.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It would be hard to go wrong with the CZ or H&K. They are great pistols and if they scratch that itch, they will definitely serve you well. I really like the P320. I have the Compact w/ Sig night sights and Sub Compact grip frame. It is one of the best out of the box shooters I've ever owned. If you live near a rental range, I'd recommend trying the different pistols and seeing what you like and shoot the best. The P320 does have a high bore axis but IMO it's a non-issue. I have encountered no difficulties shooting it and honestly don't even notice any difference because of it. I installed the Apex trigger but honestly, the Sig trigger is just fine and knowing what I know now, I'd be happy with the stock trigger.

Disclaimer: My EDC still remains Glock 19, 26, 43. With many thousands of rounds fired and years of training, they are an extension of my hand(s) and will likely will never be replaced.

Here's a picture of my P320 Compact with the Sub Compact grip frame and 12 round mag inserted.

And here's a picture of my first shots. Two 15 round (compact) mags at 15 yards shooting UMC 115gr FMJ.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm kind of in the same boat as the OP because I have a huge love/hate relationship with Glock. The 320 is looking better and better the more I look into it. Especially the price of an RX one, even if the optic remains questionable.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Honestly, there is something about the P320 that just has my attention. It wasn't what I was looking for, but I could certainly find use for a striker fired .45
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 06-22-17 at 15:57.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I have a p320 carry. I have tried not to like it, but I can't.

I love the grip and trigger. It shoots fine for me, has been reliable. I like being able to put the other grips on it to carry.

I prefer the grip and trigger to my vp9 that I got rid of. I say go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I rented a p320 compact with irons and am leaning toward an RX. The trigger was great, it points well for me. I could drop the mag without shifting my grip. Like you said, it will be getting a lot of support. I am hoping Sig finally got there sh!t together.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    https://www.smga.com/p-126387-sig-p3...eid=23e2bccbb4

ETA, this is not the regular RX, as there's no rear suppressor sight, but i believe the Romeo has a notch to act as rear sight.
    Last edited by jstalford; 06-22-17 at 23:56.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    VP9 ftw, but solid advice on trying before buying. Rental guns at the range show wear in an accelerated rate so this can give you a good idea of 'broken in'.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    None of those are bad options. For purely range and competition use, I'd go with the CZ P01 (or even a regular CZ75) without hesitation. I would rather not carry one much though.

For carry and likely aftermarket support, the P320 would be a good pick. Based on the chassis + grip frame design of the P320 I expect a LOT of future aftermarket options, probably more like an AR15 than like any other pistol. I expect Magpul or some other polymer wunderkind to introduce a better grip frame any day now, hopefully similar to the X-Five version frame. Farther down the road I would expect aftermarket companies to offer the chassis (FFL part) and the slide/barrel assembly.

Feedback Score
    I had some updates today. I stopped by my local preferred dealer to handle and test what I could. They didn't have any CZs around (expected), but I did put a critical eye and hand on a PPQ (9mm and .45), VP9, APX, 320 compact, and the new generation of M&P (both 9mm and .45).

Of all of them, I really felt the VP9 fit my hand the best. The PPQ was right next to it as far as ergos go. As much as I like it, though, I'm not sure it's going to do much more than my FNS-9 that I'm already pretty competent with will do. So my eye (and imagination) turned towards the larger .45's.

The PPQ 45 felt amazing in the hand. I now think my decision is between the PPQ 45 and the M&P 45 2.0 (if only HK would make a VP45, it would be the winner).
    Last edited by BrigandTwoFour; 06-23-17 at 20:56.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast