Thread: New record distance sniper kill shot - 3,540 Meters

Feedback Score

More on Canadian Sniper

Here's some more on Canadian Sniper(s):

http://www.military.com/video/operat.../1123560164001

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Yeah they Canadians have lots of opportunities and lots of gear and training. Seems the Yanks still beat them in the international sniper competitions.
    How much smack can you talk though if you don't back it up on the field?*

"Oh, yeah? I know you hold the record shot in combat, but we smoked you on the range at Bragg!"

*I am fully aware that it is a matter of timing, being at the right place at the right time. I am also fully aware that it is the 'man' and not the 'flag' that makes the shot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    According to Fox (will NOT vouch for the accuracy of the MSM when it comes to firearms) but they stated it was a 750 grain Hornady.
    Running the same calculation for a 750gr Hornady A-max...@2717 fps, which is a guess based on McMillan's 750gr Match load through their Tac-50's 29 inch barrel.
    We get a flight time of about 8.3 seconds. 67.7 mils of drop, 963fps on impact with 1459 ft-lbs. Pretty similar to McMillan's loading.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    How much smack can you talk though if you don't back it up on the field?*

"Oh, yeah? I know you hold the record shot in combat, but we smoked you on the range at Bragg!"

*I am fully aware that it is a matter of timing, being at the right place at the right time. I am also fully aware that it is the 'man' and not the 'flag' that makes the shot.
    Dude, lighten up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Its worth it to keep in mind that the Canadian teams may work under a different ROEs than US teams.

The validity of the whole thing is being debated on a few sites as well. Calculated out it was something like a 8 or 10 second flight time with 1000' worth of drop, coupled with the fact of just how small a human torso in a x25 scope at that range would be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234