Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: THE GOOD: What AR accessory has impressed you the most?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    aftermarket charging handles: Radian Raptor #1 & BCM Mod5 #2 for me

They just plain work better than the standard charging handles on multiple levels.

honorary mention to any reliable red dot/reflex style sight: Aimpoint Micro #1 for me
    Last edited by voiceofreason; 12-16-17 at 17:10.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Radian Raptor. Ask a friend to borrow one or try one at a range. BCM Mod5 is good but the Raptor's ambi is more functional (I'm a righty but practice support side very often)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I hate to say it but I have a "love-hate" relationship with that accessory as well. I can see using it in a match where fast manipulation is needed and you're not humping the bush with your weapon. Trouble is every time I have to hike the desert at the ranch the damn thing snags in my gear on my FLC vest and it's been cussed many times. Ultimately, I think the smallest version of the BCM gunfighter might become a friend of mine, but the large latches just aren't made for carrying the weapon in the field without it catching on something.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Geissele triggers.

I remember when 2 stage triggers were kinda looked at skeptically but they set a whole new standard they did.
    This... I have many rifles with these, one last with an ALG and one with the BCM trigger now. I'm confident that those two triggers, as great as they are, will not make it through 2018 in the guns. Christmas sales would have been the end of them, but I went optic crazy instead.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Without question my Geissele SD-C. I'm impressed with it every time I pick the rifle up. Any AR platform rifle I own will have a Geissele in it.

Feedback Score
    Tango Down optic covers. I've used one on an Aimpoint T1 and a Trijicon MRO now. I appreciate the "rubber armor" aspect (not that either optic needs it), keeping scratches and nicks off the body of the optic. But where they really shine IMHO is in the attached lense caps. It saves having to try to match up Butler Creek lense caps or fiddling with the ScopeCoat.

Feedback Score
    Geissele G2s Triggers low cost great performance. Blue force gear slings, Ranger rubber bands for securing said sling to the stock. Iwc flush mount qd sling cups for guys still using moe or bcm polymer handguards.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    All of my AR's get a standard treatment of a G-Trigger, usually SSA-E and an HK battle grip with storage compartment. The A-2 grip is too thin for me, the HK grip feels just right and is quite robust.

The rest varies, depending on form factor and purpose.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-22-18 at 16:23.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Geissele triggers, Blue Force Gear slings, and aftermarket charging handles by BCM, Geissele, & Radian/AXTS. I'm also a big fan of the ALG ACT, the two that I have are very nice for the money.

Feedback Score
    I'll probably get flamed for this since IIRC the UTG brand has been derided as cheap, low-grade crap, but I am LOVING this accessory:

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=pr...1977_1976_1978

Parts Manual

UTG PRO AR15 Super Slim M-LOK® Drop-in Carbine Length Rail
    GENERAL INFORMATION
    ITEM NUMBER : MTU001SSM
    BRAND : UTG PRO
    PATENT : PAT. PENDING
    MSRP : $99.97
    UNIQUE FEATURES

DETAIL INFORMATION
    • Proudly Designed and Made in USA
    • Compatible with Standard Delta Ring Assembly, Barrel Nut, and Round Front Handguard Cap
    • Lightweight with 18 Slot Scalloped Top Picatinny Rail, Extends to and Meets Up with Upper Receiver Flat Top, Providing Ample Real Estate for Optics and Other Accessories
    • Features 24 M-LOK® Slots on 6 Slot Tracks for Mounting M-LOK® Rails and Direct Accessories, Easily Tailoring the Rifle to the User's Specific Requirement
    • 2 Piece Slim Octagonal Profile with Ergonomic Grooves for a Solid Support Hand Grip and Superior Handling Comfort
    • Precision Machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum with a Matte Black Anodize
    • Includes 2 M-LOK® Accessories, an 8 Slot Picatinny Rail Section for Accessory Mounting and a QD Sling Swivel Adaptor for Sling Swivel Attachment, Ready for Use Right Out of the Box
    • Simple and Friendly Installation, No Gunsmithing Required
    I installed mine this weekend. It literally took less time to install the two handguard halves of this than it did to remove the factory plastic handguards. Not joking. A few screws later, it was ready to go. I was amazed most at the light weight of the thing. What keeps me away from rails is the weight they add to a carbine. This one is pretty close to the weight of the standard polymer handguard.

My only worry is that it will heat up fast, but I installed a forward pistol grip to help mitigate this. (I only installed it two nights ago. I haven't had a chance to go to the range).

Prior to this I would not have bought anything by UTG, but this one is made in the USA and seems to hit all the bullet points as far as material specs, etc.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this since IIRC the UTG brand has been derided as cheap, low-grade crap, but I am LOVING this accessory:

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=pr...1977_1976_1978

I installed mine this weekend. It literally took less time to install the two handguard halves of this than it did to remove the factory plastic handguards. Not joking. A few screws later, it was ready to go. I was amazed most at the light weight of the thing. What keeps me away from rails is the weight they add to a carbine. This one is pretty close to the weight of the standard polymer handguard.

My only worry is that it will heat up fast, but I installed a forward pistol grip to help mitigate this. (I only installed it two nights ago. I haven't had a chance to go to the range).

Prior to this I would not have bought anything by UTG, but this one is made in the USA and seems to hit all the bullet points as far as material specs, etc.
    About 10 years ago, I used a UTG barrel mounted quad rail on a work gun to mount my light next to the FSB. Saw it on someone else’s gun, asked him where he got it and bought one. I had to do some light filing to make it fit properly, but otherwise it served its purpose well. I still have it, and would use it again. Maybe I’ll put it on a clone build.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast