Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stag Arms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Stag Arms

I was thinking of using one of their barrels for a budget build, I was wondering how are they?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You don’t really hear of any issues with Stag barrels. I have an old Stag 1/9 20” barrel that has always done well, but it isn’t a high round count weapon. If it is for a budget build, I wouldn’t think you would have any issues at all. Even budget barrels tend to shoot with better accuracy than most shooters need. By “need”, I mean that most guys aren’t putting high end glass, good triggers, and match ammo into their shooting projects.

Check the barrel twist rate, and see if it matches your needs. Mine is a 1/9 twist, but only gets cheap 55 grain fired through it so the twist rate has zero issues.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppaul16438 View Post
    I was thinking of using one of their barrels for a budget build, I was wondering how are they?
    What does the Stag barrel cost? Link us to the barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    What does the Stag barrel cost? Link us to the barrel.
    Its really not just the barrel, Its a upper without bcg for $229.
    https://www.stagarms.com/stag-15-sev...uctSpecsDetail

Feedback Score
    We have Stag barrels in both 1/7 and 1/9. No issues with any of them.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't look bad for a budget upper. 4150 chrome lines barrel with 1\7 twist and 15 inch mlock rail is a really good deal for $229.

I would check the headspace and shoot it. PSa doesn't even have chrome lines uppers in that price range

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I borrowed one of the 14.5 inch left handed uppers from a well known smith to play around with. He got it for his wife who is a southpaw and the upper pretty much only got shot at mg shoots. I was surprised at how well it was still shooting. I ended up buying the 11.5 lefty upper and having him cut down the fsb and install a kac rail.

I haven't shot it much yet but so far it seems to be pretty accurate in semi auto, honestly its going to get abused on my transferable m16. It did have a really heavy profile barrel but for what I'm using it for I don't care. Let the extra mass slow down the heat build up.

Feedback Score
    Stag makes pretty good rifles.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't hesitate to use a Stag barrel, I have one of their 11.5" heavy profile, chrome lined barrels and it has been great.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an older 16" chrome lined Stagg barrel (made for Stagg by ER Shaw) and not only have I not had any problems with it it's proven to be very accurate.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast