Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: THE GOOD: What AR accessory has impressed you the most?

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    LMT buffer tubes - They are well made, have a Teflon finish, and feature an anti rotation tab that makes installation a cinch.
    Larue optic mounts - Installation is easy, and they always return to zero for me.
    Just about everything from KAC I've tried (RAS, RAS II, FF RAS, MRE-B, back up sights) has been top notch.
    Geissele MK4 handguards - I like how solid they mount, and you get a small picatinny section at the muzzle end.
    ALG QMS - It's like a nicely broken in milspec trigger out of the box. Mine have actually gotten smoother after use.
    Surefire Scout - Comes with a solid 1913 mount out of the box, and has been flawless for me.
    LMT fixed rear sight - It is very well made, and I don't think it will every break. I have one mounted on my carbine.
    Aimpoint PRO - Hands down best bang for the buck RDS available. I actually prefer the sight picture of the PRO over the T2.

Feedback Score
    Add a couple things to my list:

Geissele ACH
    Tax stamps, plural. Having my primary carbine suppressed now, I'm realizing all my ARs should be suppressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hile View Post
    Add a couple things to my list:

Geissele ACH
    Tax stamps, plural. Having my primary carbine suppressed now, I'm realizing all my ARs should be suppressed.
    Disagree on the good. Suppressors should be more easily obtainable.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I'll probably get flamed for this since IIRC the UTG brand has been derided as cheap, low-grade crap, but I am LOVING this accessory:

https://leapers.com/index.php?act=pr...1977_1976_1978

I installed mine this weekend. It literally took less time to install the two handguard halves of this than it did to remove the factory plastic handguards. Not joking. A few screws later, it was ready to go. I was amazed most at the light weight of the thing. What keeps me away from rails is the weight they add to a carbine. This one is pretty close to the weight of the standard polymer handguard.

My only worry is that it will heat up fast, but I installed a forward pistol grip to help mitigate this. (I only installed it two nights ago. I haven't had a chance to go to the range).

Prior to this I would not have bought anything by UTG, but this one is made in the USA and seems to hit all the bullet points as far as material specs, etc.
    Looking forward to a range report from you on it. The Colt upper I have on my beater pistol has one of the older Daniel Defense quad rails and while it's well made I don't need 30" of 1913 rail and would like something slimmer and lighter that won't tear up my truck seats and the inside of every bag I carry it in.

As far as the thread topic, for me it's the BCM mod 3 grip. I have tennis and golfers elbow in my right arm and the mod 3 fits my large hands well and the grip angle doesn't get my elbow throbbing like A2 and MOE grips.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Looking forward to a range report from you on it.
    So far I've made one range trip with it. No loosening of the handguard itself in the delta ring or on the front handguard cap; however the rail section and the sling attachment they give you in the kit did not have any thread locker on them, and loosened quite easily. I also was able to turn one of the screws holding the handguard together about 1/16 inch, so it may have loosened a tad during firing. I put loctite on all of the UTG screws after getting back to the house so I don't expect them to loosen ever again. When I got home, I decided to go with two short rails instead of the one longer one in the kit, and both of those had thread locker in the screw threads right from MagPul, so they will probably remain tight, too.

All in all, I'm still impressed. This is one of those accessories that you really can't evaluate until it's been used over time. For comparison, most AK attachments I've owned became loosey-goosey after one range session and this handguard remained tight. Apples and oranges I know, but at least had it loosened up after one range session we'd know that the heat and vibration from firing would have outed it as "cheap junk" from the get-go. Now we'll have to wait and see how it does over time.

Feedback Score
    Three things significantly changed my rifle.

Wilson Combat TR-TTU
    SLR adj gas block
    Lantac brake

Feedback Score
    Scalarworks Peak iron sights are the finest fixed iron sights I've come across. Just beautiful.

Feedback Score
    magpul pro sights, bobro 30mm QD mount

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223