Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: THE GOOD: What AR accessory has impressed you the most?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Forgot...

ACOG...the 2x, 3x, 3.5x, and 4x models provide my aging eyes a little needed assistance over about 150rds (the TA47 2x is also works close in...not so much magnification to be a burden. I have a TA11 on my SCAR-17 and TA31 on my SCAR-16. I've owned quite a few other models over the years, but the 11, 31, and 47 are my personal favorites).

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    SOPMOD stocks, B5 or LMT versions. It gives me a consistent and virtually instant cheekweld/sight picture every time. Raise to to cheek and I'm on target. Stocks are personal preference, the SOPMOD just works perfectly for me and better than anything else I've tried.

Honorable mentions that end up on all of my rifles along with the SOPMOD Stock: Geissele SSA/SSA-E and Gunfighter Charging Handles. I have some PRI, Geissele and Raptors but the roughly 50% less price point and the fact that I only use the left side regardless leads me to the Gunfighter every time. Forward Controls is also starting to creep onto all of my rifles.
    Last edited by mooseman; 06-26-17 at 04:21.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In order of importance:
    1. Aimpoint M4S life changing literally life changing
    2. Geissele Triggers all of them, but the SSA just does everything GREAT!
    3. BCM Mod3 Pistol Grip- no more pain from the A2 prone-position ergo designed grip
    4. VLTOR A5- just makes them all run well
    5. Magpul Stocks- CTR is KISS perfect
    6. Noveske Barrels- nuff said
    7. Geissele Rails - functional anvil/art
    8. Maglula- makes loading mags enjoyable while watching a movie
    9. TW25B- love this stuff
    10. Vickers Sling- Does exactly what its suppose to simple, comfortable, quality.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    accessory or replacement / upgrade?

Accessory:
    Its a tie between the Aimpoint Micro T-1 and KAC 556 QDC/CQB- (not as great as a Saker 556 or Socom 556, but half the weight and 10x better than nothing), Surefire Scout!

Replacement:
    Knights Armament URX 3.1
    Centurion CMR rail,
    LMT SOPMOD or Vltor EMOD
    Geissele SD3G or SSA- that's a toss up.
    Personally, I love the A2 grip!!!
    Early SP1 style tear drop F/A!! - MUST!!
    AAC 51t or KAC 556MAMS
    PMAG
    X Products Can Cannon
    Last edited by elephant; 06-26-17 at 20:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Magpul CTR for me. I can't stand my rifle rattling, and as much as I wanted to fall in love with the stock that came with my BCM lower, it got replaced by the Magpul I started off with.

BCM Keymod panels are a close second because I can't imagine taking them off for any reason.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If I had to pick one thing, I couldn't. Trigger or Optic are pretty equal in importance if I go back to the original intent of this thread. Truth is; It's a combination of just a few things
    that make a rifle feel like home.

1. MRO - The T2 is technically the best optic, but I'm hung up on the larger field of view. T1s and PRO are lessor favorites.
    1. SSA or SSA-E - SSA-E is a bit light, but great for precision shots.
    2. MOE+
    3. KMR w/panels
    4. BCM Ambi CH or Mod 4 - Had problems with Geissele binding up because it is too flexible.
    5. B5 SOPMOD - Feels like resting my cheek on a women's thigh.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    The other side of the coin is: I'll bet you can name one "can't do without" add-on that immediately impressed you with its quality and functionality, and has become an essential part of your setup. That is, the accessory that if you break it or it wears out you would immediately purchase another one.

What AR accessory impressed you the most?

How did this thread go from naming the "one" part you use on all your builds to everyone's build parts list?

The one I use on every rifle is the the BCM rail covers for keymod, love them.
    DDM4V11 PRO, SSA-E, Vortex viper 6.5x20-44mm
    BCM 16 KMR-A, SSA, EO Tech EXPS 3-0, G-33 magnifier
    S&W M&P Sport II, BCM PNT, Aimpoint PRO
    BCM 9" 300 BLK upper/KAC lower/DD BCG/ BCM PNT/ Aimpoint T1
    Noveske upper/lower/handguard, 20" 6.5 Grendel Bartlein Barrel, SSA-E,Vortex viper GEN II PST 5x25-50mm
    16" BCA .223 Wylde "budget rifle", SPARC AR
    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    How did this thread go from naming the "one" part you use on all your builds to everyone's build parts list?
    Well, point taken, but.........what the Hell?

Feedback Score
    SOPMOD stock (Bravo and LMT) or Geissele trigger.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A good 2 stage trigger, I have mostly Giessele. This is truly one of the must haves for me. I simply don't Shoot with a mil spec trigger, they get ripped out of guns prior to shooting them.

All my guns don't have them, but the Nighforce NXS 1-4 is the optic I am most impressed with and have zero regrets for me. After having Trijicon ACOS 1.5x and 4x, and an Aimpoint T1 the Nightforce was a real wow moment for me. It totally changed the way I choose to engage targets.

I like the Leupold VX6 1-6 a lot as well. Both I own have come from the factory assembled sub par and between the two very different. They are great glass and very light. Sadly Leupolds QA seems quite dismal. The VX6 can be had for almost 1/2 the price of the night force though. I guess you get what you pay for.

My biggest disappointment for me had to the BCM charging handle, that SOB has pinched my finger one time to many, it didn't last long. Serious design flaw there. The Raptor charging handle is well worth the twice the price of the BCM.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast