Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on Armalite products?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I was just interested in the upper for $849 which retails for $1,049 on Armalite and a few other websites.
    Just the upper for 849? And it's a armalite... the store must be on crack. Run away from that place and buy either an upper or entire rifle from colt, bcm, scionics, or solgw.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I bought a Armalite upper 10 years ago for $500. It was ok. It had a railed gas block that was not pinned, just clamped with two Allen screws. The gas block was extremely large and heavy. The bcg was semi auto, can't remember if it was staked. It was pretty accurate but I wouldn't buy it again, especially given the other options available today.

Feedback Score
    I have a AR10B target, a mid barrel (5.56) from them and a bunch more parts over the years from them. I did have good customer service from them, no problems other than out of stock for certain things. But at that price no chance I'd buy, many other choices.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    Just the upper for 849? And it's a armalite... the store must be on crack. Run away from that place and buy either an upper or entire rifle from colt, bcm, scionics, or solgw.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I absolutely cannot buy a BCM or Scionics, too many people worship those companies. I don't mind spending the money, its a good upper from what I have read on Armalite, how much is a Noveske or KAC upper?

Feedback Score
    Barrel steel, and more importantly, bolt specs are not listed.

What separates this from an m&p or any other commercial at for half the price?
    Why does it cost more that a PSA?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have what's left of a national match rifle, the upper. To bad they no longer make the NM guns, new owners are not interested. The gun is a sold performer, everything straight and clean. It was great with irons and when CMP changed the rules and allowed scopes, I changed to a flat top. The intent was to use that until I built a new upper, well I now just plan to upgrade the NM free float tube to a railed HG when able since the barrel is a hammer. I hear and may add one that their .308 line is a sold gun.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have one of their rails that I got off pay it forward (maybe from you elephant) and it has been excellent. Keymod, lightweight, and very tough. I have it on a 14.5 LMT that is my beat the sh*t out of it gun and it has been rock solid. I have been very impressed with the rail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I absolutely cannot buy a BCM or Scionics, too many people worship those companies. I don't mind spending the money, its a good upper from what I have read on Armalite, how much is a Noveske or KAC upper?
    So you're going simply by how many people "worship" them? I kinda know the feeling but it's backwards logic. I used to be the same way! I'd never touch a Glock because so many people worshipped them. What does a Glock do that a Taurus at half the price can't? I'm not picking on Taurus, it's actually what I carried. An old PT145. When I finally did get a Glock, an old police trade, I realized why people preferred them. That was over a decade ago and I still carry that same Glock every day since.

I'd recommend skipping over the fact that people worship them and concentrate on why. If its proven and affordable buy it and forget the noise

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 06-23-17 at 06:51.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    Then have centurion build you a cmr upper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    There is also a lot of Noveske and KAC worship going on 'round these parts as well. Sometimes a reputation for worship is earned. However, if you want to go with brands that don't get an automatic "panties got wet and dropped" appeal, I'd suggest Rainier Arms or LaRue.

But, buy what you want. You aren't looking for advice on Armalite, you're looking for someone to make you feel better about your mind being made up to buy it already.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast