Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any thoughts on Armalite products?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    i' not looking for validation. I was just hoping someone could say, Yes they are good, or No they are bad without bringing up BCM. Someone mentioned Centurion, which isn't a bad idea, I have a Centurion upper on a USM4 lower. I bought an Armalite
    and gave the upper away in the PIF a year ago and used the lower for my Xproducts can cannon, I have since modified my can cannon into a mortar which left me with a lower collecting dust. My LCS has a few options but the Armalite was the only one he would reduce price. I didn't want to spend more than $1000 and he only has a few 16"uppers. these are what my options are

Attachment 46175
    Armalite M-15 TAC - new in box

Attachment 46176
    Centurion CFH -used but in good condidtion- aac flash hider/no bcg or C/H

Attachment 46177
    Seekins Mk116 - FDE
    Of those 3, I'd pick the centurion. I would not even consider the other 2 unless they were substantially less money and it was a range gun.

Value. That's why, same reason people buy bcm and sionics

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Sounds like your mind was made up before the post, or maybe it was slow day on M4C. I do find it funny, that you would complain about some so-called brand worship, and yet your decision to purchase from a specific store is partially based on the fact that Chris Kyle and Colion Noir purchase stuff there.

Obviously you have lots of money to burn, so I would definitely go ahead and purchase that 849.00 upper.

it was right at or over $1000 but didn't have the rail panels and in my mind, wasn't complete.

yes! absolutely! They stock everything, including $100k shotguns, $10k sniper rifles and every optic imaginable including thermals and NV and even over 500 pre 1985 class III weapons. They will actually let you play with a gun and put on different optics and accessories for you. They have 3 full time gun smiths and 2 full time 2A attorneys. Look up Rays Sporting Goods and Hardware, its a shit hole! but its where Chris Kyle bought his GA Precision rifle and where Colin Noir buys just about everything and the sales guys are extremely knowledgeable with a morbid sense of humor. And there is only a couple of relative gun stores in and around Dallas and I don't like dealing with them.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Sounds like your mind was made up before the post, or maybe it was slow day on M4C. I do find it funny, that you would complain about some so-called brand worship, and yet your decision to purchase from a specific store is partially based on the fact that Chris Kyle and Colion Noir purchase stuff there.

Obviously you have lots of money to burn, so I would definitely go ahead and purchase that 849.00 upper.
    my decision to buy from there has nothing to do with who shops there, I was just stating it is that kind of gun store. They treat me well, I have 2 suppressors in the pending stage and I haven't even paid for them yet. That's why I choose to do business with them. I honestly didn't know $849 for an upper was a lot, considering everything I have looked at online from Seekins, PWS, AAC, KAC, Noveske, Midwest etc was at or over $1000. I didn't ask if the armalite upper was a good deal, I asked if it was a good upper and everyone started suggesting other brands which wasn't needed, I know those other brands exist but wasn't relevant because they were not options.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm honestly not sure why you wouldn't buy a similarly equipped BCM or Sionics upper.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    So back on topic, ArmaLite is actually quite good quality, and their 2 stage triggers are excellent. They use average/good quality parts, and generally assemble their rifles properly. While there are most certainly "better" brands these days, there is nothing particularly wrong with ArmaLite, buy with confidence.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    They may be fine, but for $850 that is nuts.

You can get a 6920 oem2 for $690, sell the lower and buy a rail and come out with a known quality Upper with good resale for $200 less. Or pick from any number of other quality companies.

If it were me, I would buy something else from the lgs if you want to support them and get an upper online with competitive pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    my decision to buy from there has nothing to do with who shops there, I was just stating it is that kind of gun store. They treat me well, I have 2 suppressors in the pending stage and I haven't even paid for them yet. That's why I choose to do business with them. I honestly didn't know $849 for an upper was a lot, considering everything I have looked at online from Seekins, PWS, AAC, KAC, Noveske, Midwest etc was at or over $1000. I didn't ask if the armalite upper was a good deal, I asked if it was a good upper and everyone started suggesting other brands which wasn't needed, I know those other brands exist but wasn't relevant because they were not options.
    1. Define "Good". Do you want specs which they don't provide or do you want a posters experience with a "sample of one"?
    2. for reference my stag has been 100% reliable, but I would not consider it a "good" upper because it doesn't meet certain specs.
    3. People suggest other guns because they provide a known quality in the same price range you're looking at, instead of an unknown.
    4. Other brands were an option, you just declined that option by choice.

If you want specific answers, asks specific questions.

Edit - the fact you mentioned price in the OP INSINUATED that it was a factor, which is why you got responses about cost.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-24-17 at 22:20.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 Armalite uppers and an Armalite barrel on an Aero Precision upper and an Armalite National Match lower. I bought them when Mark Westrum owned the company. They are good solid uppers and the barrels are chrome lined. With that said, I think the Tactical upper you are looking at may be over priced. Recalling from memory the BCM's are similar in price and they have the reputation and evidence to back up the BCM claims of quality. Unfortunately for Armalite, they have fallen through the cracks and their reputation has taken a hit right or wrong. It's my understanding they have a new owner, again. This makes 3 owners in the last 4 years. If Armalite wants to get back in the saddle and bring back their former and new customers they are going to have to prove they can run with the big dogs at an affordable price. They have a huge hill to climb.
    kwg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234