Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will I need an adjustable gas block?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Potss View Post
    Need? No. Want? Yes. Less recoil, gas in face, parts wear, and noise.
    We've choked down gas ports and still had gassy stink guns. Also, my adjustable gas blocked sbr with suppressor... although tuned to wonderful cycle/function, had so much ejection port "snap" that I couldn't shoot it without ear pro. I ended up dismantling the gun. I don't know why that particular set up was so snappy, but the gas block didn't reduce noise for sure.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    This has been my experience with nearly all AGBs. If set properly, it's actually not a bad thing unless you prefer to tune for each load and/or w/wo can.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterHelix View Post
    If not cleaned/lubed it can bind.

Feedback Score
    When you restrict the gas flow to the action by a gas block instead of a smaller base port, you will end up with more of the tear drop gas port erosion in the barrel over time. The width of the port opening in the bore for the sealing surface of the projectile determines the exposure to erosion. Inside the barrel, it is never better to have a port any bigger than what is required to regulate the gas flow. An AGB is just a band aid for a problem, not a solution.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What about an adjustable Gas Carrier?

Feedback Score
    It doesn't matter how far down stream the restriction is for the barrel port erosion when it is not done at the base port.

Feedback Score
    You mean like a Gemtech carrier? I believe there was a review thread on here that had favorable results. Big bucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    What about an adjustable Gas Carrier?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12