Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Falcon Heights MN: Woman Films Scene After Police Shoot Her Boyfriend

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sitting here shaking my head at the number of people recounting traffic stops where they received warnings and no tickets while applauding how smoothly their stops went

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    sad but funny !

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I got pulled over in one of those speed trap areas and I notified the police officer that I was carrying as per the law. He then ordered me to remove the firearm and place it on the seat next to me "where he can see it". After doing so, he proceeds to tell me that he could have shot me for touching my firearm. I replied, well maybe you shouldn't be instructing people to touch their firearm during a stop and I also need the name of your supervisor. He then let me go, not even a warning- just said have a nice day and left. I think he realized that he screwed up.

7n6

Feedback Score
    double
    Last edited by Honu; 06-23-17 at 07:23.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Castile Death, a 2A issue?

Seemed a different topic, so starting new thread Philando Castile shooting. Many are turning this into a 2A issue claiming his 2A Right were violated and then jumping on the NRA, etc for not commenting on it, because as we all know, the NRA hates black people (make sure sarcasm meters are turned on) and all manner of left (the irony...) and right rags are jumping on the bandwagon. For example:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.21031880e4ac

I have to admit, I never saw this event as a 2A related issue. As chitty as the event was (covered in the thread on the topic) I didn't see it as his 2A Rights being infringed. Did any of you? Many of course making it a race issue claiming "2A Rights don't apply to black people," etc, etc.

To that end, how police handle a stop with a person who has a CCW ranges state to state, PD to PD, and even individual to individual LEO! It would seem some constancy is needed there. For the LEOs here, what specific instructions are/were you given in terms of handling a stop with legal CCW and how much leeway are you given? I have no issues with making sure the LEO and myself are kept safe per making sure ID, etc handy and all that, but should an officer decide to handcuff me "for his own safety" would not be OK. I have heard of that happening to people. Putting someone in handcuffs while legally CCWing having broken no laws because the LEO decides it makes he/she feel better would be infringing on my 2A Rights in my view. I do not want to be treated like a criminal having broken no laws because the LEO simply does not trust me.

It would seem if anything, this event exposes a need for LE and citizens to have a conversation about best ways of avoiding miscommunications between them during a non criminal stop and legal CCW encountered and both need to develop more consistent SOP for it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    The same people that always do and that have an agenda.

Within mere seconds I can copy and paste a list of youtube video links of at least twenty officer involved shootings where White people were killed under questionable circumstances, some even by Black LEOs. No riots. No DoJ Civil Rights Division witch hunts, no MSM spin, et al.
    Yet you are discussing color and feeding into the bullshit as well.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    * never mind, I can already see where this is going to go...

Feedback Score
    Deleted... Agree with SomeOtherGuy.

Since the usual suspects have dropped "the race card", I'm not going to bite.
    Last edited by Det-Sog; 06-23-17 at 11:44.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    * never mind, I can already see where this is going to go...
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Deleted... Agree with SomeOtherGuy.

Since the usual suspects have dropped "the race card", I'm not going to bite.
    I'm not seeing why it needs to go that way and was intended to open discussion RE what is infringement of 2A Rights during a non criminal stop and what's not. Some feel this event was an infringement on his 2A Rights (regardless of color) as he was a legal CCW holder.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Some feel this event was an infringement on his 2A Rights (regardless of color) as he was a legal CCW holder.
    After watching the video, I have a very distinct impression that were possibly many other factors contributing, such as failure to comply with officer instructions and possible chemical impairment. IMHO, if the deceased would have kept his hands on the steering wheel and complied with instruction, I don't think there would have been the same outcome. The guy was not shot because he was legally carrying IMHO...

IMHO, it was a justified shoot. I'm not sure I would have reacted the same way if I was the LEO in that situation, but I was not there, so I won't speculate as we cannot see what the officer saw. Now I'm done.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This is not that hard... It's not a 2A issue, the officer was instructing him not to reach for it, repeatedly. He apparently did not comply.

Plus the fact he was totally stoned (the in system) pretty much invalidates his ccw permissions in every state I'm aware of. Be the same if drunk and white.

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast