Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: LAPD Officially DISAPPROVES Of The Use Of The Blackhawk Serpa Holster

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My first handgun I purchased myself, a Canik 55 TP9, it came with a serpa.

I used it for home carry for quite awhile. I always knew the risks, but made sure to train with it as much as I could.

I NEVER was comfortable with it. Just my mentality stood in the way. Switched it up to a kydex iwb, and thus started my CCW amd much bigger comfort.

I feel like I have come a long way, holster wise and gun wise. Carry a glock 26 in a N8 squared twist retention and absolutely love it.

My real gist is that the serpa is not a good option for the majority of all shooters. Experienced or not. Its cheap, better than nothing, but severely lacking in effectiveness.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    serpas suck monkeyballz
    Doug Holloway
    ATEi

Feedback Score
    Im embarrassed to admit I bought one for my Glock 21 back in the day when I first got into guns and I didn't know better, call me a dumbass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mm1990 View Post
    Im embarrassed to admit I bought one for my Glock 21 back in the day when I first got into guns and I didn't know better, call me a dumbass.
    I wouldn't be too embarrassed. New shooters seems to be the primary demographic aside from .gov agencies that buy serpas. Some move on, some like them and keep them.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    I wouldn't be too embarrassed. New shooters seems to be the primary demographic aside from .gov agencies that buy serpas. Some move on, some like them and keep them.
    I still have to sell off mine, hasn't been used in years.

Feedback Score
    I've had a passing interest in this thread as I've used Serpa's for several years and know not to use my finger TIP to release the pistol. I've really only used them as "house" holsters.
    Fast forward to today, and my son in law, who has also used Serpas for several years, had the closest of calls. In a "backyard" match with my grandson to see who could put the first shot on paper, from the Serpa, my son in law used his finger tip instead of the flat of the pad, and put a 9mm slug from an M&P into his blue jeans, hitting his thick wallet carried in his right front pocket. The slug tore through the entire length of the wallet, and was apparently deflected by said wallet. Had the wallet been in his back pocket, as mine always is, this would not have ended well.
    A cheap lesson and a sobering wake-up for him.....and me.

Skip

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post
    I've had a passing interest in this thread as I've used Serpa's for several years and know not to use my finger TIP to release the pistol. I've really only used them as "house" holsters.
    Fast forward to today, and my son in law, who has also used Serpas for several years, had the closest of calls. In a "backyard" match with my grandson to see who could put the first shot on paper, from the Serpa, my son in law used his finger tip instead of the flat of the pad, and put a 9mm slug from an M&P into his blue jeans, hitting his thick wallet carried in his right front pocket. The slug tore through the entire length of the wallet, and was apparently deflected by said wallet. Had the wallet been in his back pocket, as mine always is, this would not have ended well.

Skip
    Damn, glad your son is ok
    Dushan
    "Not by strength by guile"

BT APC9 /IWI X95 /AR15 /HK VP9 /HK P2000 /Glock 43 /Walther "HK" MP5 A5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper49 View Post

Skip
    Glad your family is okay.

Most issues you see with the serpa occur under these circumstances (i,e being excited, in a rush etc.) as people tend to use their fingertip under said circumstances.
    Worry less, Train more.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Little bit of a necro, but P&S just posted this up: Lots of direct experience with Serpa holsters:

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacticaldesire View Post
    I believe they have been banned from use at the FLETC and named by some fed agencies as being barred from use.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast