Thread: IMPACT: the Journal of Tactical Ammunition Review

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

IMPACT: the Journal of Tactical Ammunition Review

I saw this magazine in the grocery store isle and immediately thought "its just another useless gun rag". However upon closer inspection I saw that this magazine was completely about ammunition. Just flipping through the magazine were pages of beautifully shot ballistic gel pictures which are alone worth purchasing the magazine for. The articles are well written with the author(s) having access to the Black Hills lab to do all their testing. The terminal effects articles about 9mm, 5.56 even weird russian commie loads are well done with each of the loads tested using properly calibrated gel(you can see the calibration BB in all the pictures) and all the raw data presented as well as a written summary. No 3-shot group BS accuracy testing. You have good articles on external ballistics of various LRP calibers with good data about drop and windage and even some ammo nerd stuff about the Chinese 5.8mm caliber. It even had some golden nuggets Id been looking for like proper gel testing of WPA 55gr, PDX 60gr and a doppler radar BC regression for 5.45 7n6(I knew that ammo shot like a laser now I know why). Id say this magazine is must read for any ammo nerd and well worth the price. I hope they continue this publication.

Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-23-17 at 22:54.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I saw this magazine in the grocery store isle and immediately thought "its just another useless gun rag". However upon closer inspection I saw that this magazine was completely about ammunition. Just flipping through the magazine were pages of beautifully shot ballistic gel pictures which are alone worth purchasing the magazine for. The articles are well written with the author(s) having access to the Black Hills lab to do all their testing. The terminal effects articles about 9mm, 5.56 even weird russian commie loads are well done with each of the loads tested using properly calibrated gel(you can see the calibration BB in all the pictures) and all the raw data presented as well as a written summary. No 3-shot group BS accuracy testing. You have good articles on external ballistics of various LRP calibers with good data about drop and windage and even some ammo nerd stuff about the Chinese 5.8mm caliber. It even had some golden nuggets Id been looking for like proper gel testing of WPA 55gr, PDX 60gr and a doppler radar BC regression for 5.45 7n6(I knew that ammo shot like a laser now I know why). Id say this magazine is must read for any ammo nerd and well worth the price. I hope they continue this publication.

Good heads up!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ill look for it. Cant stand the regular gun rags...alls I want to know more about latelty is ammo and terminal performance. Thanks.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Great new magazine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Wow-you don't see that sort of info in your standard grocery store gun magazine line-up. I'll have to see if they stock it around here and take a look.