Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Looking for LEO advice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Defensive Tactics is a very important phase of training. It not only helps you prepare for the inevitable physical confrontation you will have to deal with, it also prepares you for being patient when most people won't be
    Agreed. They keep making the point over and over again: when something changes about the suspects behavior, it needs to change our behavior too. Reset the OODA. ie: can't keep using a baton once he stops fighting you and becomes compliant. Observe the change - decide what level of resistance they're at now - act accordingly.
    Last edited by Mozart; 09-23-17 at 16:37. Reason: better wording

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Defensive Tactics is very complex and difficult, and my body is rekt. Head to toe soreness. Still healing from an MCL sprain last month. Not understanding some of the techniques. This is, by miles, the hardest work I've ever been through. Really having to dig deep and find mental toughness. They can't f#cking make me quit.
    Mat time sucks, but is beneficial. Keep in mind that the basics you learn are probably the most important, take downs, knees, elbows, etc.

Feedback Score
    DT can be rough but you'll get it. If you need help, find that classmate who is doing well and work with them.

You'll remember your first fight, make sure you win.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How did you enjoy the pepper spray session last Friday?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Wil
    See how easy life can be?

Feedback Score
    On Monday I took an injury to the rib cage while performing a waist-tackle escape. Landed incorrectly with both our body weight onto my left side. By Tuesday morning I couldn't take the pain anymore and left to get an X-ray. Thankfully the Dr. said they didn't find any obvious fractures, but I have a deep tissue contusion.

Ive missed too much, not allowed back to DT. I'm going to have to take DT again in the spring. So, I didn't get pepper with my friends on Friday either. Pretty down in the dumps about the whole thing, even though I know I made the only choice I could make. When it hurts to inhale/ get touched/ sit/ crouch/ or lift, how are you supposed to get body slammed over and over for another 8 days? I made the only decision I could, but I still feel like a coward that let my team down.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No worries. It happens. There is a strong possibility that I will be there for the Spring class...
    Wil
    See how easy life can be?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    On Monday I took an injury to the rib cage while performing a waist-tackle escape. Landed incorrectly with both our body weight onto my left side. By Tuesday morning I couldn't take the pain anymore and left to get an X-ray. Thankfully the Dr. said they didn't find any obvious fractures, but I have a deep tissue contusion.

Ive missed too much, not allowed back to DT. I'm going to have to take DT again in the spring. So, I didn't get pepper with my friends on Friday either. Pretty down in the dumps about the whole thing, even though I know I made the only choice I could make. When it hurts to inhale/ get touched/ sit/ crouch/ or lift, how are you supposed to get body slammed over and over for another 8 days? I made the only decision I could, but I still feel like a coward that let my team down.
    I dislocated my knee cap a week and a half into a st. Trooper academy. Shit happens. I'm now in a better place, making more money, and probably happier I'm not doing traffic all the time. Sometimes bad breaks eventually end up benefiting you....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I say this just as a matter of fact, it is worse on the street. No time outs. No do overs.
    Use the time to learn and to adapt and to let it sink in.

You will go hands on for real at some point and you will need to be ready.
    This is just a setback. You aren't the first to have one and won't be the last.

If anything this will make you better. Now you know what it's like to get hurt.
    Everything is a learning experience.

Feedback Score
    The Chief called me in to his office on Wednesday and proceeded to explain how he has no confidence in me, then made me an offer to resign that I couldn't refuse. So I did. What an absolute disaster. LoL. F#ck this noise, I'm going back for more college.

It was going so well 2 weeks ago!

Everyone that posted in here and gave advice: Thank you. Sorry it didn't work out. I have a new-found appreciation for what you guys go through. Thank you x1000.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Chief called me in to his office on Wednesday and proceeded to explain how he has no confidence in me, then made me an offer to resign that I couldn't refuse. So I did. What an absolute disaster. LoL. F#ck this noise, I'm going back for more college.

It was going so well 2 weeks ago!

Everyone that posted in here and gave advice: Thank you. Sorry it didn't work out. I have a new-found appreciation for what you guys go through. Thank you x1000.
    What do you think you are going to do? It seems a lot of folks who want a career in LE also get along fine in nursing (which I had intended as a second career) or as paramedics.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast