Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Serbu SU-15 Upper

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Serbu SU-15 Upper

The Serbu SU-15 upper receiver looks quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuUGtxf3C_k

(Hope posting the link is OK)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Standard barrel, standard bolt. That's a plus.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks great. I will own one if Mark gets these to run on auto.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does Serbu make good stuff? All I'm familiar with is their super short shotgun AOW.

Does gas length look like standard carbine length on a 10.5"? Wonder if the 16" version would have mid length gas and a longer hand guard.

Also, did anyone else notice that the gas block appears to be clamped on. Curious if that could lead to reliability issues.

Anyway, I'm sure all the kinks will be worked out if they ever are able to get it running and release it. Would be nice to be able to drop on an already registered SBR. Definitely looks good for those of us with various imagined issues with standard AR uppers and want to play around with a piston gun but don't want to drop the cash on a SCAR.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Looks a lot like the LMT CQB method of barrrel attachment in the vid. So long as it runs well, I'll at least get one for an SBR or pistol with side folding SB15.

Feedback Score
    So what's the operating system? DI, Piston (Long or short), other other? I cannot see what this does that the FAXON ARAK uppers don't, + the ARAK uppers have easy quick change barrels (albeit proprietary ones)?

It looks neat and the price is very good. I guess variety is good for the marketplace.
    Last edited by doodi1; 01-16-14 at 11:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doodi1 View Post
    So what's the operating system? DI, Piston (Long or short), other other? I cannot see what this does that the FAXON ARAK uppers don't, + the ARAK uppers have easy quick change barrels (albeit proprietary ones)?

It looks neat and the prices is very good. I guess variety is good for the marketplace.
    The ARAK upper suffers from a very high sight over bore axis and reports I've read re: function seem like it may have some teething issues with the firing pin retaining mechanism. I like it conceptually, but it seems to need some refining.

The SU15 at the very least has a lower profile top rail.

I am very curious to see the internals on the SU15.

Feedback Score
    looks very reminiscent of the SCAR upper and from what I can tell the mechanical operation as well. I wonder if it will lead to the same complaints about the charging handle

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Im interested, I think it could be a great design. I like the placement of the charging handle and the ability to swap sides, but i worry about ejection for lefties as i can not see a brass deflector.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-16-14 at 11:18.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    The ARAK upper suffers from a very high sight over bore axis and reports I've read re: function seem like it may have some teething issues with the firing pin retaining mechanism. I like it conceptually, but it seems to need some refining.

The SU15 at the very least has a lower profile top rail.

I am very curious to see the internals on the SU15.
    Not only that, the ARAK is a tank. I think it's an extremely well-designed platform, but they need to cut the weight down.

I'm very curious about the SU15.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast