Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Generation 4 USGI Magazine

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)

Generation 4 USGI Magazine

After much seeking I was finally able to locate some of the new USGI tan magazines with blue followers for use with the new(er) M855A1 EPR. The magazines are made by Center Industries and were manufactured 06/15. The body is an FDE color and features a blue anti-tilt follower. Following the footsteps of their previous magazine boondoggle they are continuing with the reversed follower design. They weren't exactly cheap, but I wanted them as part of my magazine reference collection. I'll take some additional pics and post them later.

Per PUBLOG FLIS the unit cost is 11.20 each.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm waiting for an Okay Industries version to come out. I've never had trouble with their mags or NHMTG/Colt marked ones (same manufacturer.). I've had a few dozen duds from Center and Brownells over the years.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah a couple would be neat to add to the collection.

I ass-u-me that these blue followers were next in line after the tan ones.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    One might wonder when they will realize they are reinventing the wheel and look to COTS purchases as a viable alternative. Why continue to spend money on R&D when civilian companies are doing it for you?
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Okay mags are now available in Desert Tan, but they're probably not a match to FDE or the newer Coyote Tan:

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/26...now-available/

Feedback Score
    Do the FDE Okay ind. mags have modified feed lip geometry for the newer m855A1 or are they simply the same mags with a different finish?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It would seem easier to just not buy M855A1 in a significant enough quantity to warrant the purchase of new magazines. At least as a civilian.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twm134 View Post
    Do the FDE Okay ind. mags have modified feed lip geometry for the newer m855A1 or are they simply the same mags with a different finish?
    The feed lips have been modified to perform better with M855A1, as far as I can tell by just unscientifically holding them next to each other, the new mags feed lips start slightly to the rear of the previous version, but retain the same geometry. I assume this is to allow the round to have a more upward tilt as it enters the chamber. Our unit received a few boxes of them when we were fielded the M4A1.

Magpul PMAGs already on the market with an NSN, and now manufactured in Tan 499 no less, performed flawlessly with the M855A1 EPR in testing, but that's neither here nor there...
    "We are told that the pen is mightier than the sword, but I know which of these weapons I would choose" - Sir Carton de Wiert, VC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by E_Johnson View Post
    The feed lips have been modified to perform better with M855A1, as far as I can tell by just unscientifically holding them next to each other, the new mags feed lips start slightly to the rear of the previous version, but retain the same geometry. I assume this is to allow the round to have a more upward tilt as it enters the chamber. Our unit received a few boxes of them when we were fielded the M4A1.

Magpul PMAGs already on the market with an NSN, and now manufactured in Tan 499 no less, performed flawlessly with the M855A1 EPR in testing, but that's neither here nor there...
    Are you sure you saw OKAY magazines? As of right now I have only seen ones produced by Center and was tracking they had the only current contract.

Rick

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Center got the contract for the EPR mags!? As I recall their magazines were considered a stop use item for magazines that can't be used in SOCOM weapons during the GWOT along with 2-3 other mfgs like natchez. Congrats to the army for once again going full retard.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-26-17 at 14:47.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast