Thread: Parts for converting HK45 C from LEM to V1

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Parts for converting HK45 C from LEM to V1

I've a buyer who wants my HK45 C that is currently setup as light LEM, but wants the V1 DA/SA version instead and will pay for the parts and labor ( I'm pretty sure I can to do the conversion). There is no convincing the buyer that LEM is the way to go, so... It's been a while since I messed with these and I'm uncertain which parts I need as I sold the V1 parts years ago. This is what I think is required to convert back to V1:

Detent plate - V1
    Sear
    Lever - decocker and safety
    Hammer
    Hammer axle
    Slide plate
    Slide plate (detent compression spring)
    Hammer spring (?- not sure if needed)

Does this look correct? I assume the light trigger spring is okay and am unsure if a replacement hammer spring is needed.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Warg; 06-26-17 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warg View Post
    I've a buyer who wants my HK45 C that is currently setup as light LEM, but wants the V1 DA/SA version instead and will pay for the parts and labor ( I'm pretty sure I can to do the conversion). There is no convincing the buyer that LEM is the way to go, so... It's been a while since I messed with these and I'm uncertain which parts I need as I sold the V1 parts years ago. This is what I think is required to convert back to V1:

Detent plate - V1
    Sear
    Lever - decocker and safety
    Hammer
    Hammer axle
    Slide plate
    Slide plate (detent compression spring)
    Hammer spring (?- not sure if needed)

Does this look correct? I assume the light trigger spring is okay and am unsure if a replacement hammer spring is needed.

Thanks.
    I would email HK CS. They will get your sorted in short order and it will be from the source.

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I would email HK CS. They will get your sorted in short order and it will be from the source.

Thanks,
    Correct, and while I was at it I'd order the parts from them as well, HKUSA is usually way way cheaper than HKparts.net, I'd only use them as a last resort, and only if I knew HKUSAwas'nt going to have what I wanted in stock for awhile.. Agree with your customer about the LEM, it truely is'nt for everybody,
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks guys. Indeed HK USA was much cheaper. The parts were correct, but the trigger return spring might need to be changed if one desired a different pull weight.