Thread: Aimpoint Comp m4s mounts

Feedback Score

Aimpoint Comp m4s mounts

I want to buy a comp m4s for my colt 6920 and would prefer a lower 1/3rd co-witness. Is the factory aimpoint mount (QRP with spacer) lower 1/3rd or is it absolute co-witness? I have had ADM, Bobro, and Larue mounts on scopes and really prefer the bobro, but I do not think their mount is lower 1/3rd even with the factory aimpoint spacer. Will the ADM SOCOM lower 1/3rd riser/spacer work with the bobro mount? I called ADM and they could not answer, neither could Bobro. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    The factory spacer is much more absolute. No spacer works with the Bobro to get you to the lower 1/3. I have been milling out the ARMS spacer and it works with the Bobro. I don't have any extra as I've given most of them away to members on here. No the adm spacer does not work. The complete ADM mount is your best bet. Or a GDI.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    The factory spacer is much more absolute. No spacer works with the Bobro to get you to the lower 1/3. I have been milling out the ARMS spacer and it works with the Bobro. I don't have any extra as I've given most of them away to members on here. No the adm spacer does not work. The complete ADM mount is your best bet. Or a GDI.
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have a Comp m4s in a scalarworks mount in a 1/3 cowitness height and its the best Comp m4 mount I have used up to this point (ADM, Bobro, QRP). Its lighter, the correct height, and looks great on the gun.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    I have a Comp m4s in a scalarworks mount in a 1/3 cowitness height and its the best Comp m4 mount I have used up to this point (ADM, Bobro, QRP). Its lighter, the correct height, and looks great on the gun.
    The Scalarworks mount is the height of the factory mount and not lower 1/3. They list it as lower 1/3, but it is not. I have had conversations with them asking if they are going to make a true lower 1/3 or a spacer and they indicated they are not. Had to return the one I had as it's much lower then the Larue, ADM, etc.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-05-17 at 09:43.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    The Scalarworks lower 1/3 is 1.57 height. Here is what the Larue height is from their site. ....

Comes complete with a LT659 mount (Tall, 1.725) for standard AR15 / M16 / M4 uppers) OR LT659-NV (Med. 1.535) for absolute-cowitness and compatibility with USGI night vision mounts.

Just one quick example there of height difference.

Feedback Score
    77 (100%)
    I don't actually think the scalar is true lower 1/3 height. The larue / adm are like 1.725", while the scalar is more like the other mounts and is 1.57". But if it works for you, then that's all that matters. They are sweet mounts.

ETA: What he said ^^^^, i had this window open for a while before i replied and didn't see his comment.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Interesting, I always considered the 1.54 ish height to be the standard for 1/3rd and others were just slightly taller. I guess mostly because aimpoints standard 1/3 is right around 1.54 ish.

That being said, I really like my tall bobro t2 mount that is 1.7 something.