Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: THE BAD: What AR accessory do you really dislike or is just flat out useless?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyx View Post
    What if the bump in the night is a group of isis and a battle will ensue?
    Then it will suck to be them

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    How many of us would prefer the remedial action drill of S.P.O.R.T.S. without the FA, using thumb pressure only in the scallop?
    SPORTS. It's been years since I learned and trained by that acronym. I have forgotten all about that one.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    If your rifle has only gone from the safe to the bench at the range and then back into the safe you should not be commenting on whether the FA is needed or not.

YMMV

ETA - and only used beat up and worn out Viet Nam era magazines because that is what is issued.
    Under what circumstances did you find it to be useful?

Sure if the action's clogged with debris, there is no lubricant, the recoil spring is weak, etc. it could help. But 99.9% of the time most shooters won't have to worry about that. So the forward assist is useless for them.

It's more likely the'd encounter a chamber obstruction (fragment of a cleaning patch left over) or an over-sized round (I've seen a couple like this from the factory) and in that case the FA can only make things worse.
    Last edited by Andrewsky; 12-10-17 at 00:36.

Feedback Score
    The dumbest thing in my humble opinion is and I bought my first AR in the mid 1970s is how the charging handle design . Stupid as cluck.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewsky View Post
    During military service.

We shot old and worn out weapons. To my knowledge nothing was tracked and there was no maintenance schedule. Magazines were old with metal or black followers. Combine that with being out in the wood in the rain all day, being out in the freezing cold with snow, or being blasted by sand getting on or off a helicopter in the field. It is a little different than taking your one owner, low round count Colt 6920 out of the safe and going to the range to shoot brand new Magpul mags.

Sure if the action's clogged with debris, there is no lubricant, the recoil spring is weak, etc. it could help. But 99.9% of the time most shooters won't have to worry about that. So the forward assist is useless for them.
    I started a poll here -

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Forward-Assist

We can see how people vote.

Feedback Score

It's more likely the'd encounter a chamber obstruction (fragment of a cleaning patch left over) or an over-sized round (I've seen a couple like this from the factory) and in that case the FA can only make things worse.
    I use my FA. Press checks mainly. And when I’m hunting. I’ll load the gun “quiet”. Charge. Let it strip slowly. It will not completely lock in. Put your finger on the scallop and apply rearward pressure while pushing the FA. It will “quietly” load the gun, don’t recommend doing it but sometimes you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

THE BAD: What AR accessory do you really dislike or is just flat out useless?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Curved 20 round magazine bodies. Curves are for 30's!
    And Women! Curvy Women Rule!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Carbines. I hate carbines. I don't mind 14.5 to 16 inch barrels. What I hate is that the design of the M4 gave up so much sight radius and usable hand guard length.

Carbines, I can not abide them.
    Bayonets, Brother. It’s all about the Bayonets!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    The Tac Sac...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRecon View Post
    I know a lot of people like it but I can't stand rail over suppressor look. Anything larger than 9mm suppressor will heat a rail enough to cause discomfort. Regardless, I don't like the look especially when it's covering the majority of the can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or this....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast