Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: THE BAD: What AR accessory do you really dislike or is just flat out useless?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    Grip pod. I hate it. It doesn't have the usefulness of a bipod, and it's too thick to be a useful grip. It's literally only good for setting your rifle down on the ground.
    My buddy and I were talking about this the other day, they are expensive also.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Not saying it's bad, but personally I never could make myself like the Arisaka finger stop. I like how low profile it is, but I just don't shoot as well gripping that way.

Feedback Score
    I have the Arisaka stop on all my rifles but mounted on the rail at 9:00. I use it as a place to hook my left thumb when gripping the rail.

Feedback Score
    Keymod and Mlock.

Quad rail for life.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Muzzle brakes of any description, even the ones that "aren't that bad". 'Cause they are too. Does not apply as much to match guns and other fun guns. No brakes on fightin' guns, please.

Over-complicated, long, floppy, tangly, heavy, clunky metal-havin' slings.

Optics with dial-a-reticle and/or color switcheroo capability. Not bad ideas necessarily, I just have not yet seen it well executed in a real-deal quality optic.

Muzzle brakes. Oops, I think I already said that.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    #1. Battery Assist Device. Hrmm let us add an additional control inside the trigger-guard?

2. Any muzzle device that isn't a closed-tine flash-hider, Linear Compensator, or Silencer.

3. Ladder rail covers.

4.Piston Kits for the AR-15.

5. Tungsten Powder filled buffers.

6. Pinned low profile gas blocks. Taper-pinned FSB are fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    #1. Battery Assist Device. Hrmm let us add an additional control inside the trigger-guard?

2. Any muzzle device that isn't a closed-tine flash-hider, Linear Compensator, or Silencer.

3. Ladder rail covers.

4.Piston Kits for the AR-15.

5. Tungsten Powder filled buffers.

6. Pinned low profile gas blocks. Taper-pinned FSB are fine.
    Just curious why the hate for ladder covers?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    Muzzle brakes of any description, even the ones that "aren't that bad". 'Cause they are too. Does not apply as much to match guns and other fun guns. No brakes on fightin' guns, please.
    I am still convinced the BCM Gunfighter compensator was spitting debris in my face.

Over-complicated, long, floppy, tangly, heavy, clunky metal-havin' slings.
    My VCAS Blue Force sling loves to get hung up on my FLC vest. I'm actively looking for a simple two-point sling long enough to carry the gun at port arms.

I'll add that I don't think magnification belongs on a fighting carbine optic unless the weapon is to be employed mainly at long range.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLee0509 View Post
    Just curious why the hate for ladder covers?
    Not hatred so much as viewing them as being less than optimal. I would rather have covers that completely remove hand contact with the aluminum handguard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyyke View Post
    Not saying it's bad, but personally I never could make myself like the Arisaka finger stop. I like how low profile it is, but I just don't shoot as well gripping that way.
    I love mine. Originally, a quad rail was needed to solidly mount my vertical post. Featureless came along, I ditched the quad rail for a much, much lighter B5 Systems handguard (much easier to grip), hooked my index finger around the front finger stop, mounted an Arisaka finger stop between my little and ring fingers----and now I live in heaven---much less weight, better straight back pull on the rifle, better thumb over grip.

Things I hate: positioning of mil spec sling mount loops. Almost forgot, that binary trigger I flushed down $478.00 for.
    Last edited by Dr. Bullseye; 09-13-18 at 22:50.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast