Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compass lake vs White oak

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Compass lake vs White oak

I am wanting an spr upper and have heard great things about both woa. And cle.
    Which is going to be more accurate? The cle is more expensive but I get the options of barrel and adjustable gas block k and a 15" rail.
    Woa is less expensive but doesn't have the features.

Woa seems to be a but more famous however with many people using their barrels.
    Also, what is their warranties and customer service like? I emailed both and they were vague on warranties.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    WOA is GTG. I don't have any info on Compass Lake. I'm sure you wouldn't be hearing or reading good things about either of them if their warranties were suspect.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    WOA is GTG. I don't have any info on Compass Lake. I'm sure you wouldn't be hearing or reading good things about either of them if their warranties were suspect.
    Thanks for the comment.

Feedback Score
    I have use both, both are good to go. John from WOA is truly a good guy, I have shot with him afew times.

CLE stands behind his products. I built a NRA National Match Service Rifle and used a CLE free float tube, I broke it. I sling in real tight and pulled the end cap off, and the tube cracked half way down.

It was over a year old. I called CLE and told his wife (which answered the phone) what happened. She got Frank on the phone and I told him what happened.

He was very helpful and kind of stunned that I broke his tube. Got my address and overnighted the new one right out. Never asked for the old one.

So, both are good guys. They stand behind their products. They both offer top flight stuff, so I say use both like I did😀.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-n-Ky View Post
    I have use both, both are good to go. John from WOA is truly a good guy, I have shot with him afew times.

CLE stands behind his products. I built a NRA National Match Service Rifle and used a CLE free float tube, I broke it. I sling in real tight and pulled the end cap off, and the tube cracked half way down.

It was over a year old. I called CLE and told his wife (which answered the phone) what happened. She got Frank on the phone and I told him what happened.

He was very helpful and kind of stunned that I broke his tube. Got my address and overnighted the new one right out. Never asked for the old one.

So, both are good guys. They stand behind their products. They both offer top flight stuff, so I say use both like I did😀.
    That makes me feel a lot better

Feedback Score
    When I was building my brothers rifle I called White Oak and CLE. The lady at WOA was kind of short. Her basic message was "Why do you want a Kreiger? Our barrels turned off Wilson blanks shoot just as good, last just as long, and cost half as much, so if you just want the name we'll take your extra money.". Frank took 30-45 min of his time and explained all the differences in the blanks he uses, chambers he cuts and recommended for the intended use, the reason he doesn't offer rifle gas on certain 18" barrels, etc.

Are the WOA barrels as good? I don't know because I bought a Bartlein from Compass Lake.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post
    When I was building my brothers rifle I called White Oak and CLE. The lady at WOA was kind of short. Her basic message was "Why do you want a Kreiger? Our barrels turned off Wilson blanks shoot just as good, last just as long, and cost half as much, so if you just want the name we'll take your extra money.". Frank took 30-45 min of his time and explained all the differences in the blanks he uses, chambers he cuts and recommended for the intended use, the reason he doesn't offer rifle gas on certain 18" barrels, etc.

Are the WOA barrels as good? I don't know because I bought a Bartlein from Compass Lake.
    Lol.

So, why doesnt he use rifle length on all of his 18"s?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Larger profile under the gas block.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsp10477 View Post

Perfect !!

I work with Frank on a number of projects, and he never ceases to amaze me at the quality and breadth of his work. Keep in-mind, he is pretty much making custom barrels. He has a few standard profiles that he keeps in-stock. The USMC has used Frank for its SAM-R barrel. I have also purchased barrels from White Oak. They make a great SDM-R barrel. I do believe that they use Wilson barrels. Not a bad blank, but CLE has a wide range of quality and price to choose from.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a WOA 18" rifle gas Wylde chambered tube on my SPR knock off upper. It shoots MOA easy with Hornady 75 training ammo (the steel cases stuff that sells for $17.99/50 rds. 77gr FGMM is sub MOA simply cause I'm not a better shooter.

Sample of 1, so YMMV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast