Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Compass lake vs White oak

Feedback Score
    I don't have any pictures, but the gun can hold .5 MOA. I unfortunately can't.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Gold View Post
    I don't have any pictures, but the gun can hold .5 MOA. I unfortunately can't.
    Nice

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a WOA barrel and its very accurate and I just ordered a second one on a Shilen blank WOA is GTG. No experience with CL but I doubt very much that they are of poor quality. I'd suggest as other have pick the barrel that has the features you want and don't worry about it both places are top notch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansaswoodguy View Post
    I have a WOA barrel and its very accurate and I just ordered a second one on a Shilen blank WOA is GTG. No experience with CL but I doubt very much that they are of poor quality. I'd suggest as other have pick the barrel that has the features you want and don't worry about it both places are top notch.
    Thanks. Also, where in Kansas are you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaroonNeck View Post
    Thanks. Also, where in Kansas are you?

Hour south of KC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansaswoodguy View Post
    Hour south of KC
    Nice, eastern Kansas (especially Southeastern Kansas) doesn't really look like the rest of Kansas in my opinion it looks more like Arkansas with the beautiful hills and 'almost' forests.

I live in South Central kansas. Only bad thing is always going to Wichita you tend to meet people that are against gun rights however the rest of Kansas is pretty dang conservative.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OP is asking an apples and oranges question. CLE is a barrel profiling shop. They take blanks from others and "spin" you a barrel that you want. White Oak is more of a barrel retailer. I have both of their products, and they are both good. That said, I would with CLE on a regular basis to make precision barrels, and I know that they know what they are doing. They use the best barrel blanks, and some good barrel blanks, so it becomes your choice in raw materials.

Feedback Score
    White Oak Armory, as Sinister pointed out, caters to the High Power crowd and especially the Camp Perry matches. You'll see a ton of White Oak barrels at Camp Perry, along with other big names, to include Krieger and Lothar Walther. White Oak produces barrels that compete head to head with those makers, and whether it's the sheer number of WOA barrels at the High Power matches or that the barrels are just that good, the winners circle often has a WOA barreled rifle sitting in it. I used to live not far from Camp Perry (even went there as a boyscout to take rides in the M1A1 Abrams and Bradley IFVs they have there), so it was a convenient place for me, plus being an Ohio boy I like to give money to Ohio businesses (Grant, that means your getting my next purchase). eta: even though WOA is based in IL, they still count, now that I live across the country. Close enough to home.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 09-02-17 at 17:05. Reason: grammar / usage / IL vs OH, as if there was a competition

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a WOA 16 inch SPR barrel which they don't appear to be making right now. It is the most accurate rifle I have owned. I have fired 5 shot 100 yard groups as low as .333 MOA, one ragged hole with Nosler 77's.

Feedback Score
    i also have had multiple barrels (wilson and krieger) chambered by both WOA and CLE. nothing but good things to say about both.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast