Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Compass lake vs White oak

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    John and Frank generally cater to highpower rifle shooters who compete locally and end their seasons at Camp Perry, usually changing out barrels every other season -- which is why they wonder whether hobbyists who will never wear out a barrel feel the need to spend the extra coin on a cut-rifled tube.

Some folks just demand vendors "TAKE MY MONEY!" so they give 'em what they want.
    I'm not a competition shooter, but I want to try out precision shooting with a semi auto, instead of a bolt action for once. Plus I like to shoot prairie dogs at long range and sometimes cycling that bolt can take me off target, or take a split second too long.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a WOA 18" rifle gas Wylde chambered tube on my SPR knock off upper. It shoots MOA easy with Hornady 75 training ammo (the steel cases stuff that sells for $17.99/50 rds. 77gr FGMM is sub MOA simply cause I'm not a better shooter.

Sample of 1, so YMMV.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can not go wrong with either Frank or John. Both are top notch in their field. Frank was one of the early pioneers in the AR's and helped both the AMU and The Marines Big Team get them going. I prefer Frank but I have bought stuff from John.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Both places are good to go, just choose the product that has the features you want.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    John and Frank generally cater to highpower rifle shooters who compete locally and end their seasons at Camp Perry, usually changing out barrels every other season -- which is why they wonder whether hobbyists who will never wear out a barrel feel the need to spend the extra coin on a cut-rifled tube.

Some folks just demand vendors "TAKE MY MONEY!" so they give 'em what they want.
    I mean no disrespect, Sinister.

Most vendors are in business to take our money. Most people will never fire an AR for any defensive or offensive purpose. It's a good thing that Trey Knight, Paul Buffoni, Marty Daniel, etc. doesn't tell hobbyists that they will likely never use their rifles to their potential so they should buy the next grade lower.

It's either common knowledge or common myth that cut rifled barrels chambered by competent smiths have a better chance to be very accurate, foul less, and last longer than a button rifled barrel. Even if it was chambered by the same smith. My experience with a Kreiger from Kreiger direct and the Bartlein from CLE have shown them to be accurate with multiple loads and easy to clean. I'll try to keep an accurate round count and see where it Starts dropping off.

I was looking for a cut rifled barrel turned by one of the most respected guys in the business to build an accurate AR for my brother. Cost was not a concern. If I had wanted an accurate button rifled barrel in a lower price range on that rifle I'd have called Harrison Beene.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ive had both manufacturers barrels in various lengths, price is really the only noticeable difference. You will be happy with either one.

Feedback Score
    I have a space gun upper from White Oak and a service rifle upper from CLE. They are equally accurate and both companies stand behind their products.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Gold View Post
    I have a space gun upper from White Oak and a service rifle upper from CLE. They are equally accurate and both companies stand behind their products.
    When you said "space gun" do you mean like a star wars themed blaster? Post a pic please, I wanna see it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaroonNeck View Post
    When you said "space gun" do you mean like a star wars themed blaster? Post a pic please, I wanna see it.

This is not my rifle, but the upper on it is what's called a space gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Gold View Post
    This is not my rifle, but the upper on it is what's called a space gun.

Oh, nice. What kind of groups do you get with it using those sights?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast