Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tavor .308 on the way

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Tavor .308 on the way

Looks like IWI is bringing us a new Tavor chambered in .308. It appears to be a mashup of the SAR, and the X95. It also appears it might have an adjustable gas block as well, which is something us Tavor owners have wanted on all models. The MDR better get rolling out soon

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...308-tavor-iwi/
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, that's awesome.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    That is pretty interesting. Would love to see it come to pass. Hopefully without the accuracy challenges of the 556 guns. Won't be the first buyer, but i'm intrigued.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you listen closely you can hear Desert Tech pre-orders being cancelled.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    That is pretty interesting. Would love to see it come to pass. Hopefully without the accuracy challenges of the 556 guns. Won't be the first buyer, but i'm intrigued.
    If it can be consistent, it will be a big hit.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Desert Tech has to be sweating a little about this. Especially if IWI gets it out in the next year or so
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I saw an accuracy test on either The Truth About Guns or The Firearms Blog. Not a precision rifle, but IIRC it was 1.5 to 2.0 moa.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Still have an email from February 2015 where I had the chance to put a $500 deposit on a pre-order... which I decided not to do.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Any IDF use of the 7.62 NATO Tavor or is this something cooked up for the US commercial market?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Any IDF use of the 7.62 NATO Tavor or is this something cooked up for the US commercial market?
    Actually, they have a stock pile of old Mauser / Mauser-design rifles for the rear echelons / civilians if the worst happens. All those rifles were rechambered in 7.62, so it is "in use."

I know this as I have a WWII Oberdorf Mauser with the nazi eagles peened out, Star of David stamped on the receiver and rebarrelled for 7.62. Did a lot of research on these, supposedly the Irish smuggled them into Israel when the Arab nations were hell bent on annihilating Israel after the state was formed. As a Jew, it's the ultimate "revenge rifle"

In general, the IDF has a bit of a "hodge podge" of weapons in service anyway. They're okay with everybody not having the same weapon systems and there's a lot of small group experimentation with different weapons.

More than you asked to hear I know, so a long-winded way of answering "yes"

I'll wait to see how this rifle tests out, but the sheer idea of 7.62 in such a small package, is really appealing to me.
    Last edited by PattonWasRight; 06-30-17 at 09:29.
    * Just Your Average Jewish Redneck *
    Participant in Year-Long Gun Fighting Training Program
    Competition Shooter in NRA, CMP, IDPA
    Past part-time sales at national firearms retailer, Never came close to breaking even!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    IWI US posted yesterday on FB that the gas system is four-position, including Off; that it's short-stroke piston instead of long-stroke; the bottom of the handguard will slide off to reveal a full-length 6 o'clock pic rail, and; the charging handle will be able to be locked back like on HK roller-blowback guns.

ETA: I don't know what a clock looks like.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 06-30-17 at 13:25.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast