Thread: Vltor EMOD vs LMT SOPMOD on Noveske

Feedback Score

Vltor EMOD vs LMT SOPMOD on Noveske

Getting ready to order my Noveske N4 Light Reece Basic. Looking for advice/opinions on these 2 optional stocks offered. The Sopmod is $200 and the EMOD is $125. Any advice appreciated!!!

Dave

Feedback Score
    I have not personally used the vltor but I ditched all my other stocks ,ctr included, for the lmt sopmod because it locks up solid, no rattle and the cheekweld was perfect for me. I decided when I got into building my own that money was no object and if it meant saving longer for exactly what I wanted then that was the way it was gonna be. Patience has really paid off.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Dave,

I have both stocks. I also have a rifle that is similar to yours (light weight Noveske barrel), but my has 10" rail. In interest of disclosure, I've run SOPMOD through two classes, but have not run E-Mod in formal training yet.

E-mod is a bit heavier and balances my rifle a bit better. Having said that, I've not felt that my rifle was unbalanced with LMT stock. For your rifle, LMT could be perfect balance-wise.

Overall, during static and range comparison found E-mod to be equal, maybe even better, to LMT. Since I've not run E-Mod through training, I can't comment on some criticism that Vltor stocks receive, such as pinching facial hair.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sopmod is my preferance. Mine came with the new standard quick detach hole.
    Brian Goode
    NC Knifemaker
    http://www.bgoodeknives.com

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I just slapped a Vltor EMOD on my Noveske 16.1 Recon upper and it is great. Feels good and is solid.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Repost of info I had written on another thread:

It really comes down to personal preference and that is not something that can be explained or decided over the internet. You really can't go wrong with either stock.

Something I have learned about AR's over the years is, it's a game of matching the right part with the right gun. You may try a stock on a 10.5" SBR and hate it, and then try the same stock on a 16" mid-length carbine and fall in love with it.

Here is something I wrote in another thread in reference to my personal preferences on different stocks:

There are some accessories that I like across the board on all AR's, there are other accessories that I may like on a 11.5" SBR but not like on a 16" Mid-Length or a 20" rifle.

Stocks can

1) help balance out a rifle

2) or if the stock too big or heavy can dominate the gun

3) and if it's too small or too light can make the gun feel muzzle heavy

After trying several different configurations over the year, at the current time I have found that I like Magpul CTR's on SBR's and some 14.5" M4's but I don't like Mapgul CTR's on 16" barreled mid-lengths or 14.5" guns with longer rail systems (9.0 - 13.2). The Magpul CTR is a light weight stock and doesn't balance out a front heavy carbine well.

SOPMODs (for me) fit perfectly on a 14.5" M4, but can also balance most SBR's and mid-lengths out fairly well.

Vltor EMods and Magpul UBRs balance out 16" Mid-Lenghts and most 18" gun with rifle length gas tubes quite well.

As a general rule I run:

-Magpul CTR's on SBR's (short barreled rifle) and some 14.5" M4's (with carbine length rail system)

-SOPMODs only on 14.5" M4's

-Vltor EMods and Magpul UBR's only on 16" mid-lengths

-Magpul UBR's on 14.5" - 16" barrels with longer rail systems (10.0 - 13.2) (example show above of a UBR on a Noveske with a 14.5" barrel and a 10.0 rail system)

I also recently had the chance to try a Magpul UBR on a 20" rifle and the UBR balanced out the rifle extreemly well.

That being said I have (2) Noveske N4 RECCE Basics, a Noveske N4 RECCE low profile, and a Noveske N4 low profile carbine.

1 of the RECCE Basics has an EMOD on it, the other 3 N4's have Magpul UBR's on them.

I prefer the EMOD over the SOPMOD on a mid-lenght due to the taller toe on the EMOD.

S/F,
    Jeff