Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dot size for pistol mounted RDS

Feedback Score

Dot size for pistol mounted RDS

With all the sales going on right now I am thinking it's finally time to try an rmr or delta point on a Glock. Just curious which dot size to go with CCW and range use. The offerings I have been looking at are 2.5, 3.5, 6.5, and 7.5 MOA. I am early 40's with good eye sight, but I do have difficulty seeing things close up like reading close to my face. Thanks in advance for your experience and suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    I like 6.5 MOA. It's more than accurate enough out to 75 yards on a steel target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've ran a RM07 6.5 dot on a G19 for 5 years served me well, still works great. good balance of speed and precision.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have a few RMR06 (3.25 moa) and an RMR07 (6.25 moa) I like to run mine with the brightness turned up and the 3.25 moa dots seems crisper than the 6.25 when it is turned up to full brightness.

My personal preference is the 3.25 but any of those sizes will serve you well for a pistol.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another vote for the RM07. I have one on my M&P9 ProCORE and love it. Picked up another one on sale from Cabela's for either a G19MOS or the optic ready VP9 in the future.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the replies. I am leaning toward the Delta Point Pro with the 7.5 MOA triangle over the 6.5 MOA RMR. Any comments for one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    The lens on the DPP is larger than the RMR and the battery is much easier to change. I had the opportunity to use the DPP with the smaller dot and liked it a lot.

Ill be ordering one once the adapter plate for the FNX45 is available.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I was wondering if it was going to be too big but if you think about simpiintsbcomebin 2 or 4 MOA so there's probably something tomit.

Feedback Score
    3.25 is more than enough. If you want a larger dot just turn up the brightness.

Feedback Score
    Less than 5moa.

I had a 6.25 RMR and went smaller in a Shield RMS. Smaller is much preferable, especially if you are trying to shoot smaller steel plates at 25 yards plus. Same story on anything at distance, less is more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast