Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The story of my overgassed DD MK18 & DD CS

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Well considering it's almost Crane spec, and considering it's designed to run suppressed and unsuppressed it's probably a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Yea, even at the .072 still bigger than I want but better then .081-2.

I'd Iove getting a proper .070 DD barrel.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Well considering it's almost Crane spec, and considering it's designed to run suppressed and unsuppressed it's probably a good thing.
    For sure, I'll take this over the previous size any day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I got it to the range today, and got everything zeroed again.

I would call it a night and day difference, but it was much more drastic than that.

It really felt like a new gun, with the same Springco Blue, and H2 buffer. It shot amazingly different, it's no longer a rifle I hate, it's now the original rifle I wanted. It honestly felt better than my BCM 11.5 with a Geissele Super 42 buffer system in a H3 configuration.

If this is how all the new made MK18s ship, it's definitely worth the purchase.

Feedback Score
    When did they change the gas port? I'd like to buy one but I want to make sure I get the smaller port.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    Well I got it to the range today, and got everything zeroed again.

I would call it a night and day difference, but it was much more drastic than that.

It really felt like a new gun, with the same Springco Blue, and H2 buffer. It shot amazingly different, it's no longer a rifle I hate, it's now the original rifle I wanted. It honestly felt better than my BCM 11.5 with a Geissele Super 42 buffer system in a H3 configuration.

If this is how all the new made MK18s ship, it's definitely worth the purchase.
    That's great to hear. I was on the market for a 10.3 recently and it took me forever to find one that was 0.070 with FSB (ended up with an Andro/Ballistic Advantage). I can't believe they hooked you up as much as they did. Damn good CS.

Feedback Score
    It is good to hear that they can remedy this. The oversized ports with all their issues can be used ok tossing crap out the bore for some training scenarios on a budget, but not so much for some possible serious uses.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    It is good to hear that they can remedy this. The oversized ports with all their issues can be used ok tossing crap out the bore for some training scenarios on a budget, but not so much for some possible serious uses.
    Even slinging crappy 55 gr ammo sucks if your AR bucks like an AK 47. I've got an Aero precision 10.5 with an .080 port that I'd planned to run like you say. But it just never ended up getting shot. So I choked it down with an insert. .069" I think.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    To each there own for their own circumstances. The oversized port does conflict with some others for serious offerings.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That is a solid for DD. I think my DD is old school and gassed properly. Very impressive they hooked you up.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Incredible customer service from DD. Glad they took care of you when they had zero obligation to do so.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast