Thread: Carrier /Armor Recomendation

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Carrier /Armor Recomendation

I'm looking at joining the local PD part time. Its a small department so we are on the hook for all our own equipment.

I'm in need of an overt carrier and some 3A armor to accompany it. Most of the officers on the force use an overt carrier and it seems like a perfect way to move some gear off the belt.

I also need a bat belt and was going to troll ebay and the classifieds see if anything pops up. Its a part time gig so I cant afford all new gear since I'm on the hook for all of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Check with the officers at your new PD. They will probably have some used gear you could purchase.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Check with the officers at your new PD. They will probably have some used gear you could purchase.
    I've got a few pieces of lender stuff that will get me thru for awhile. I would like better stuff tho.

Debating this vest
    http://www.leedway.com/Safariland-Or...ier-p/ocac.htm

Long lead times.

I want to figure out the best so I can order armor that fits

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For your gunbelt, what is your material of choice and weapon of issue? I have quite a bit of stuff and might be able to help out quite a bit.

As for armor, those Oregon City carriers look great and I've heard great things about them. Do you have a vest already?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Indy View Post
    I've got a few pieces of lender stuff that will get me thru for awhile. I would like better stuff tho.

Debating this vest
    http://www.leedway.com/Safariland-Or...ier-p/ocac.htm

Long lead times.

I want to figure out the best so I can order armor that fits

I'm not sure how the armor is supposed to ride in the front with the carrier zipping.
    London Bridge Trading has a sale right now on a carrier that seems more suited for your needs.
    http://lbtinc.com/0094dbk
    Even if you don't buy now I think they have a LE and military discount year round.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boy Scout View Post
    For your gunbelt, what is your material of choice and weapon of issue? I have quite a bit of stuff and might be able to help out quite a bit.

As for armor, those Oregon City carriers look great and I've heard great things about them. Do you have a vest already?
    I havent really decided on a material. Was leaning towards a acumold belt.

Im going to be carrying my glock or my FNS. Havent decided yet.

I havent purchased any armor yet as I wanted to sort a carrier first so I end up with the right style to fit the carrier.
    Last edited by Lee Indy; 07-04-17 at 13:02.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I'm not sure how the armor is supposed to ride in the front with the carrier zipping.
    London Bridge Trading has a sale right now on a carrier that seems more suited for your needs.
    http://lbtinc.com/0094dbk
    Even if you don't buy now I think they have a LE and military discount year round.
    I have a JPC already thats pretty close to the same deal. I was hoping for 3a soft panels on the sides too.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I exclusive use the LBT-6094A. It's been the most comfortable and the easiest to don for that type of carrier. Your dept may help with armor but if you're buying, you can't do better than level IV lightweight plates that are shooter cut and triple curved from http://www.bulletproofme.com. They offer a rectangular triple curve back plate to give you. Better coverage. Super comfortable and light and they don't break the bank.

LBT gives a 20% discount if you call their store instead of ordering online as well. Good luck!
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Leedway/Oregon city external carrier is the only way to go for patrol. We use them exclusively and I've been wearing one for a few years new and it's the tits.