Thread: Just installed Geisselle HS NM trigger on my A4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just installed Geisselle HS NM trigger on my A4

Wow...the instructions..wasn't really expecting all that, lots to read.

I don't have a trigger pull gauge here so just had to wing it by feel in terms of setting up the weight of first and second stage pull.

Why do they say not to set the pull weight with the Giessele pins in?

I had to remove a lot of material from the ambi safety of the colt...It I had to widen it by about .002-.003", and it was also a little to thick, so had to reduce the thickness from about 0.0235" to 0.0230", removing material from the flat area the instructions specifically said not to remove material from. Im assuming that won't be a problem, as I measured a couple of safeties from some other triggers and they were all around that thickness in that area (0.0230 "or so).

Feedback Score
    Call Geissele. They will help you out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just a notion--a good trigger pull gauge is a pretty handy thing. Years ago I bought a Lyman electronic unit and I have used it a LOT. Among other things it taught me that I can't guess trigger pull weights for beans.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Just a notion--a good trigger pull gauge is a pretty handy thing. Years ago I bought a Lyman electronic unit and I have used it a LOT. Among other things it taught me that I can't guess trigger pull weights for beans.
    Same here. Bought the Lyman recently and really appreciate it. "Assumed" one of my ARs was perhaps just shy of or at 6lbs. Not a problem though. Averaged 6 pulls to 8.1 lbs. I couldn't help but laugh. I have a RA-140 to go in it. Did it another 5 times and averaged a spit over 8.1. My other 2 averaged a little over 5 and the other 4.5. Can't wait to do my 1911s. Bet I'm really off on a few of them. Nice instrument.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    You got that right. I'm in my fifties and been shooting all my life. About a year ago I got a Lyman, and it's helped tremendously. Many of my triggers I had tuned up and made nicer, but I was just guessing at when to call it quits. The ability to actually measure the results has allowed me to get closer and closer to perfection.

It's like building a house. You can do it with just a saw and a hammer, but you'll get much better results if you invest in a tape measure and a level. Good tools can make a big difference.

Feedback Score
    Did you call Geissele? I can answer some questions about the trigger, but they are the experts.

First, they say not to use the supplied pins because they are oversized and, thus, a bit more difficult to re-install over and over when fitting and tuning the trigger. Use the supplied fitting pin or standard AR-15 pins for an easier install.

Second, try just the trigger with spring (no hammer) without the safety installed. Does it feel like the trigger is hanging up on the receiver at all? If so, you'll have to modify the receiver. The instructions are pretty clear on what to do if there is any rubbing. If not, and you've already widened the notch in the safety, your FCG holes may be out-of-spec (or the over-travel screw is too far in...turn it out to the top of the hole just to be sure). If you are still having problems, you can arrange for a "return" to Geissele and they will look at your receiver and trigger to see what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    Wow...the instructions..wasn't really expecting all that, lots to read.

I don't have a trigger pull gauge here so just had to wing it by feel in terms of setting up the weight of first and second stage pull.

Why do they say not to set the pull weight with the Giessele pins in?

I had to remove a lot of material from the ambi safety of the colt...It I had to widen it by about .002-.003", and it was also a little to thick, so had to reduce the thickness from about 0.0235" to 0.0230", removing material from the flat area the instructions specifically said not to remove material from. Im assuming that won't be a problem, as I measured a couple of safeties from some other triggers and they were all around that thickness in that area (0.0230 "or so).