Thread: LOWER RECEIVERS QUALITY

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only fitment issues I've had with lowers are the Aero lowers I bought last year. Its not that they have serious problems, its that the grip and trigger guard fit slightly differently. The grip doesn't fit as well compared to my other lowers and the trigger guard fits slightly differently exposing the sharper edges of the trigger guard slightly.

I've always tried to buy quality I have probably 3-4 Noveske Gen 1 lowers and two Noveske Gen 2 lowers I bought years ago. I have two BCM lowers that were built, I have an LMT that was built. A Mega, 2 Aero, and 2 Ruger that came stripped (nicely finished BTW). The nicest is the Noveske forged Gen 2s, followed by the BCMs, then Noveske Gen 1s, the Mega and Rugers are next, then the LMT, and last the Aeros.

The Rugers and Aeros are newly built so I haven't put many rounds through them yet, so far I don't see any issues. I bought the Rugers and Aeros toward the end of last year when the AW Ban (Commiefornia) was about to go into effect so there was a short supply.

I don't believe that all lowers are created equally, so don't buy the cheapest or most expensive unless you just want a fancy lower to show off.

The most important receiver is the upper receiver. And if you stick with BCM or Vltor MUR, you can't go wrong. The BCM has a very tight barrel fit which requires (most of the time) a slight heating of the upper to get the barrel to slide in. This is a good thing. The Vltor is thicker and consequently heavier. But this makes for a stiffer upper receiver which reduces flex and, consequently, wear on the operating system and may improve accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    anderson = walking pins... several folks at our club purchased andersons over the last few years going against recommendations. All now have hammer and trigger pins that walk and require a kns pin set to keep them functional.

Don't waste money on low tier crap...
    The KNS anti-walk pins and stuff costs as much as just buying a quality receiver in the first place. So now you have the same investment in a crappy lower and you would have with a quality lower.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 07-04-17 at 17:33.